Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Console Parade
Aug 20, 2010

Philante posted:

That file probably had enough to get everyone in that store fired, but there was one main difference: the rest of them didn't piss me off.

Keeping a file is a good idea and I'm going to start doing it. I'm tired of being made to feel like I'm a lair or worse, outright crazy because I can't come up with the level of specific detail that the investigating party wants to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Console Parade
Aug 20, 2010
Anyone else here work retail at a resort town? The lovely customers always scream about you ruining their vacation, as if that's some kind of leverage. I want you to have a nice vacation goons, but if a twenty minute wait is all it takes to ruin yours then I'm not the one with the problem.

I once worked in a grocery store with a huge Open 24 Hours sign, but they were closed on Sunday nights. When we announced the closing time, customers would become confused and the older ones would become angry and confrontational. "You can't do this," they would exclaim as if I had betrayed them in the middle of a life or death situation. The sign was a contract, and I was Judas once weekly for three years.

While working at the grocery store, I was a cashier (most of the time) and we would get locked out of our drawers if we had more than $700 cash in there. Someone from the office would have to come to our register and take money back to the safe. I began my shift at the express lane, and my first order was a guy paying cash for $750 in seafood. I could hardly believe it. The office did not. I had to send customers to the office to insist on my (and their) behalf that I was not bullshitting.

I once had a man of seventy, perhaps even eighty years of age approach me and ask "son, where are the condoms? You know, lubbers." I hope I'm that cool when I'm old.

I usually bagged a loaf of bread on top of a carton of eggs. Only the worst caliber of morons prevented me from doing so, and they were always so offended.

Console Parade fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 28, 2010

Console Parade
Aug 20, 2010

Normalman posted:

I've had it with these thieves selling their stolen merchandise in my Gamestop.

Half of my PS2 games and my memory card were stolen back in the day. I would have preferred if he/she/it/they took all the games and left my trophies. I actually feel more likely to shop at Gamestop, having read this.

Console Parade
Aug 20, 2010

BeardedFerret posted:

Maybe if enough people let the fuckers know how bad it is they'll stop.

I'm going to start writing firm but polite letters. Corporate likes to tell consumers that it's all the retail worker's fault, but everyone who ever worked retail knows that is bullshit.

If I get any interesting responses, I'll post them here :v: