Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I hope the increased prices lower the demand :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
What should you do when a coworker simply will not stop shouting about substances? No equipment was involved. I simply told him to stfu until he eventually did... 2 hours later. 😡

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Cowslips Warren posted:

Jesus gently caress I've had some bad customers but no one ever pointed a gun at me.

worst I ever had was chilling in my locked van, waiting for a place to open, and a crackhead slowly came around my van and tried every door while I freaked out and debated about driving off.

wtf, how did that one end?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I would personally fear anybody cruel enough to become a company CEO that has a firsthand understanding of the debased life of the prole

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

The Lord Bude posted:

I was gonna say people don’t normally poo poo themselves, but I’ve worked in retail long enough to know that isn’t the case nearly as often as I’d like it to be.

Yeah. I take great solace in that no matter how bad the future may be, may get, if I somehow reach an advanced old age, and grocery stores are still around, I will never, ever be at risk of dying of constipation. :unsmith:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
born on a mountain,
raised in a cave...

:patriot:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Leal posted:

I swear I was stopped by every customer I was anywhere near today and they weren't just asking where is x, they wanted technical stuff and recommendations. One person pulled up a youtube video and asked if I knew the size of a piece of wood in the video. The gently caress? No, I can't tell the dimensions of a piece of a wood on a video on a phone screen!

what do they even paying you for, you slacker???

that reminds me:
The other night, I knocked over a single glass bottle of BBQ sauce. very minor! I call the front desk, and they are sending maintenence. so, I wait there, directing people around, as per company protocol, watching so nobody hurts themselves on the sauce/glass mixture, or spreads it.

there were one of two reactions from the customers:

"thank you."
and
"HISS!!!! HOW DARE HE! HE'S JUST *STANDING THERE* USING what looks to be..... A PERSONAL CELLULAR DEVICE!!???!?? HISSSSS!!! HISSSS!!!!!!!" trembling and shaking rage, just people absolutely losing their freaking minds

lol wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Leal posted:

A cashier sold a box of chairs for the price of one chair, I guess the box had its own UPC on it that was just the same UPC as the ones on the chairs. A friend of the person this was sold to came back with the receipt and wanted the rest of our boxes of chairs for the same price

total power move