Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

:stuff:

I used to buy them for cash for myself when I worked at EB. My store would take anything and everything so I figured I would just cut out the middle man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
In my state, any hours over 8 in one day is automatic overtime regardless. It caused interesting poo poo to happen when we were closing the store and I hit my 8 and was told to clock out, but yet we still needed to clean. I would always tell them to gently caress off I either clock out and leave or I don't clock out and stay, but this was a lovely second job so I didn't give a gently caress, and I know like everyone else put up with that poo poo (I usually just left and got talked to on my next shift).

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Preechr posted:

I’m guessing these talks were about how you needed to manage your time better to accomplish all your post-closing tasks before closing.

Wow, exactly. They knew I didn't give a gently caress, so they didn't really waste their time. I was only working there for the discount anyway. I always thought it would be fun to work in a game store, but it was really boring.