Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'm a college graduate with 6 years of experience working a POS system at a movie theater, and I am leaving a full-time technical support job to go back to college.

I applied to Lowes Hardware as a Cashier, and my application was rejected outright without even an interview.

What the hell did I put on there to trigger that? I meet the experience requirements. I haven't been fired from a job before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I witnessed an event worthy of this thread last week.

I was at the mall food court getting lunch for a coworker at Burger King. It was around 1:30pm, so the "lunch rush" was still going.

When I went up, I noticed that a few people were still waiting for their food. Also, to the right, were some tables with a bunch of teenagers. They were all in the same shirt, indicating that they were all part of some camp or church group or something. Most of them had Burger King, indicating that they had all just ordered from the establishment.

The "leader/teacher/counselor" of the group was a middle-aged woman who was in front of me in line. When I got there, it seemed like she had been waiting for a little while, because she was giving that exasperated sigh, arms crossed look around.

I'm not sure what she expected, because the Burger King only had two staff members working. One girl ran the register, and the other was in the back making food. They appeared to be both working non-stop to try to get the orders out.

I got in line right when the woman had waited long enough, and began to chew the employee out.

:witch: *exasprated sigh* How long is this going to take?
:nyd: Ma'am, we're trying to work as fast as we can.

:witch: then began asking if each person waiting had gotten their food yet.

:witch: Does he have his food? Does she have her food? Where is their food?

Normally, in this situation, a retail worker would kow-tow to the person, kissing their boots and apologizing profusely. However, this girl working had simply had enough.

:nyd: Look, ma'am, we're trying to get stuff out here. We're short-staffed, but if you want I can get a uniform for you to throw on so you can get back here and help out.

She then went back to filling orders, mumbling obscenities to herself that were loud enough that those in line could here.

:nyd: ...loving complainin.... come on there's only two of us...

The woman waiting in line got out some paper and a pen.

:witch: Miss, I'm going to need your name and your managers name now. I'm going to file a complaint.

:nyd: You can do whatever the hell you want. I'm just trying to fill orders here and help out these nice people waiting in line.

:witch: Your name and your managers name.

The girl began angrily doing all her order filling, slamming fries into boxes and whatnot, seeming to lose her temper more and more.

:nyd: My NAME is BLAH BLAH and my manager is BLAH BLAHBLAH (I forget the names).

:witch: And I'd like a refund.

The girl refunded the woman's order.

:nyd: You have a BLESSED day, Ma'am.

And then she went back to filling orders and mumbling to herself.

:nyd: Woman thinks she can tell us this. I TOLD her she could put on a uniform if she wants to come out. Jesus Christ.

As the woman was leaving...

:witch: You are a witch.

:nyd: COMPARED TO YOU? COMPARED TO YOU? MA'AM I THINK YOU LEFT YOUR BROOM BACK HERE.

I apologized for the behavior of the woman in front of me and got a free drink.

I was so sure that girl was going to be fired, but lo-and-behold she is still working at that register a week later. Go you.