Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004
Touch It.. No I dont want to... TOUCH IT!
This isnt going to make much sense without the back story but I need to vent anyways. I got passed up on a in-home promotion by someone who had more "in-home" experience. That experience you ask? He sold Cutco knifes door to door. I am loving floored. On a side note this job includes driving a company car, this individual has had 2 speeding tickets within the last 6 months. This fellow also had very limited availability due to attending school.. while I have open availability. Finally this position requires some stupid trainings modules which take about ~3 hours. I really wanted to kill the interview so I completed these modules. He did not. Needless to say I am looking for a different job now. Oh yeah I almost forgot the person who he is replacing made a personal recommendation for me and told his supervisor specifically that the person in question could not handle the technical requirements. poo poo I just keep remembering things, once he got the job he let everyone know that he will be taking the first week off on vacation. So instead of two weeks of training he will only have one. But ohh-boy that Cutco knife experience is the deal breaker. I cant wait to see the repercussions of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004
Touch It.. No I dont want to... TOUCH IT!

Boondock Saint posted:

So I just took a part time Geek Squad job at Best Buy while I continue my full time job hunt. It's not something I want to do for long, and I hope to god I'm out of there well before Thanksgiving, but I need to pay my bills somehow.

On the surface, it appears much better than the one day of dealing with Safeway's bullshit and my 2 year managerial stint at Gamestop. So far, it looks like more of the same that I dealt with at Gamestop but with me earning more money than I made as a manager and less whining about reserves and more focus towards selling warranty's and installations, which I had a much easy time selling at Gamestop.

Any other goons work for Geek Squad/Best Buy have any advice or knowledge I should know?

I hope you have already lost your faith in god because if not this job will strip you of it. So much bullshit it is not even funny. I could go on for hours. Sadly I do not have PMS but if you walk to talk about it I'll figure out a way to get you my email.