Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
The grocery store I work for just went under a huge change where tons of product was moved to different aisles and sections of the store. The store is located right across the street from a massive retirement community, so we get tons of old folks in our store (actually, since I've been there, we've had a few people keel over and die in our store, crazy).

Old folks do not like change, they flat out revolt. Everyone's been telling me horror stories about customer complaints and arguments, so on and so on. I've been lucky to avoid most of it, I'll get the random bitching but nothing fierce... until the other night.

This guy gets into a 10 minute debate with me over why they made the changes, how our competition is going to blow us out of the water, and we've angered a lot of people. We go back and forth until the end of the debate where we have the following exchange.

Him: "Are you trying to go out of business?"
Me: "No sir... I've got bills to pay."
Him: "... uh, ah... No, I mean is the company trying to go out of business?"
Me: "No sir... I don't think that would be a very sound business strategy."

He looked at me kind of perplexed, patted me on the shoulder and said "Well... I uh... just wanted to give you some things to think about..." and walked off.

Yeah, after ten years I've kind of stopped trying to be nice to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU