Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

I have encountered many strange things over the years. I have also observed that people have a variety of methods they use to deal with loose change. Some people hate it so much that they toss it in the charity tin. Others put it in their wallets. My dad prefers to carry it loose in his pocket. Some nasty people keep it in their tobacco pouches.

But today is the very first time I have ever observed someone resolve this ancient quandary by keeping the coins sticky taped to the inside of their wrist. This woman bought a bottle of coke, and she had loose change taped on the inside of her arm near her wrist completely covered in tape so she had to rip the tape off completely in order to give me the coins.

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

Even being honest? :wth:

it actually works, my dad spent a few years as a double glazing salesman and he would go in, measure the windows and give them a price and finish it with "this is the price you'll pay, I'm not going to pretend to call my boss, not going to sit in your house for hours until we're all fed up, that's the best price I can do and it's yours if you want it"

He fuckin slayed it, especially with people who had been given poo poo treatment from sketchy salesmen

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Alkydere posted:

I need to start my own thread Captain Invictus style since I really don't fit in Retail at all but I figure y'all appreciate my stories.

I got you bro

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957387&pagenumber=702#lastpost

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Leal posted:

For gently caress's sakes, didn't even start my second week here and I already got called in for a "we need you here now" call in

"sorry I've been drinking"