Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

Nosaj posted:

No its not but thanks for trying.

You hand me the amount of money I tell you it costs, where I double check it .

You dont just throw every bit of money you have on you on the counter and check your text messages while I count out exact change for you.

But feel free to continue showing your ignorance lord knows the rest of the loving braindead populace dont mind showing their true colors.

It's not very polite to do, but you are going to count it anyways, since even if they told you how much was there, you have to confirm it and then give them the correct change back. Rude yes, but it actually is your job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

Ninja_Orca posted:

I'm just going off of what I know from riding around with my dad, who is routinely pulling heavy equipment through big cities.

That has less to do with the fact it's a stick shift and more with how much weight they have to move. It's much slower and harder to stop or start if you are driving a large vehicle or pulling/carrying a lot of weight.

As for trouble with lights, if you are paranoid about lights going red too fast for you to stop, learn to look ahead and see what the lights are doing before you get to them and you can avoid this. If there is a walk symbol then you are in no danger of the lights suddenly changing on you, if the hand is flashing then you might have to stop but its not a given so take your foot off the gas and be ready to brake and just let yourself coast forward depending how far back you are.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

spite house posted:

Humans are depilated apes and nothing but, and the best way to illustrate this is to put a human in front of a shiny object that makes an irritating, repetitive noise. Higher brain function just completely shuts down.

At my store, we sell these keychains. They are displayed by cashwrap, because otherwise people steal them. They light up and make a horribly grating, really loud yowling sound when you push a button. Customers are unable to resist pushing the button, not only once, but multiple times even though it makes the most annoying sound in the world. Drives me loving bonkers.

Curiousity probably, unfortunately while its likely the first time they've heard it, you hear it all the time so it drives you nuts :P

I do hate bells though, I know how annoying they can be so I often don't want to ring it even when I probably should to get someones attention for service.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

spankmeister posted:

I coulda swore that exact story was posted here. Brainfart I guess.

You're not crazy I remember it too, must have been another thread.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

uptown posted:

"Hi, did you find everything okay today?"
"Good, thanks."
"And receipt with you, or in the bag?"
"Yes"

PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORDS THAT I AM SAYING!!!

I'm guilty of doing this, usually because I'm just expecting them to say one thing and go with the response for that before i realize they've said something else and there is a line or whatever else so I'm just trying to be as quick as possible. Or you know, just generally not paying attention that much:

"Enjoy your food/clothes/purchase!"
"You too!" ><