Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New God
Jun 2, 2007

It takes shades of faggotry to make an awesome rainbow

FrankenVader posted:

No Solid state love?

One of the amps I own is a 1982 Roland JC120. I run a PODXT into it, using an A/B switch to get to the clean tones/chorus of the amp, which are unparalleled (IMO).
The thing really shines when running effects & (POD) Distortion...so much so that I've retired my Mesa boogie Tri-Axis.

If clean, shimmering tones with giant headroom and a GODLY stereo chorus are something you strive for, nothing else comes close to the (older) JC120.

Oh, and they are road tanks.

Truth. I don't even use digital stuff with mine. Its basically a clean pallet for whatever you want. Hell I can even make some stoner/doom stuff by putting an OCD overdrive into a Big Muff.

And its a tank, I have had every tube amp fail on me at the worst times and generally over-distort when I DIDNT want it too. The JC-120 is controllable and easy to manipulate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New God
Jun 2, 2007

It takes shades of faggotry to make an awesome rainbow

Samael Jackson posted:

To sort of carry on from my post in the effects thread, I'm in need of some new gear. I play mostly stoner stuff and want to finally get a tube amp, around $800 or so. I'd like to get that kyuss/nebula/truckfighters sound. Probably something in the 30 or 40 watt range. I like the orange tiny terror, but is 15 watt really enough if I did some shows with it? I also checked out the laney vc30 and blackstar 40 watt. Blackstar seems like a good deal, but the orange especially seemed to blow it away in the demos I listened to.

I picked up a very good condition ampeg vt-22 (v-4 2x12 combo) for 700$ on Craigslist, and there are even better deals then that. Great deep tone with really adjustable midrange settings. Your not gonna get much distortion from it but that's what pedals are for, stoners all about fuzz anyways.