Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!
As some of you have seen in the new equipment thread, I just got my first tube amp: the Bugera V22. This thing has blown my socks off. Given that my last amp was a Roland Micro Cube that's probably par for the course but the cleans on this thing sing and I can finally appreciate my Agile 3000 for the great instrument it is. The low end is nice and full while I tend to keep the treble and presence rolled back a fair bit cause it is a little chimey at the top end. And that's without the boost. With the boost, it sounds like I'm playing with The Kinks(think old school British band).

Not only are the cleans beautiful but there is a lot of crunchiness pumped out by the preamp. I was expecting to have to put a peddle in front of this for a decent distortion but it's fine on its own, save for heavy metal. Unfortunately I can't really get the output tubes to breakup due to the ridiculous 22 watts and living in an apartment building. When I crank the clean volume to 10 I cant set the master past 1 without pissing off my neighbours and my cat.

Aside from my agile, this is my best instrument purchase ever. No regrets and hopefully no breakdowns like a lot of you are on about in the other thread. Crossing my fingers and hoping not to be struck down by the Behringer curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU