Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I have an Orange AD-15 amp that I haven't used for probably 10 years. Is there anything I need to do when I first switch it back on?

I've also moved into an apartment and would like to be able to get that sweet Orange sound with headphones. What's the best thing to do here? I don't mind get a modification done by a professional if that's what would be best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Both of those things look great but $500 is kind of a lot of money. Are there cheaper options?

I haven’t played for years and was never very good so I’m reluctant to drop that kinda money at this stage.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Cross posting from the guitar thread because I forgot there was an amp thread.

I’m looking to probably get a Helix some time in the future. However I currently have an Orange AD15. I live in an apartment so it’s gotta be all headphones.

Is there any way I can get the Orange into the mix with the Helix? Obviously I could put the Helix in front but then I couldn’t use the amp/cab sims, it would just be an effects board.

A bit of reading led me to believe that you need an amp with an effects loop to do the 4 cable method.

TLDR: will the AD15 and Helix ever play nice together if I have to use headphones. Or is it one or the other?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

massive spider posted:

A load box such as the two notes line that has an output at line level, send that into the helix.

The thing about that setup is if youre using the AD15 with the helix then the helix effects become redundant anyway surely? and if you really need to record at headphone level I would just use the helix entirely without the amp.

I don’t need to record, just play along to stuff. Yeah figured just using the Helix is the easiest option would just be nice to incorporate my AD15 if possible without swapping cables etc.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Shugojin posted:

Yeah I love my mini mark v it's a good little amp

I just looked this up and now I want one. Looks like they stopped making them though?

I love mini tube heads!

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Shugojin posted:

Yeah I mean the mark 5:25. The lil 2 channel lunchbox. There's also the 5:35 combo

Yeah that guy. Doesn’t seem to be available locally and not many on Reverb.
I assume I would need to buy a 240v version anyway, so buying one from Reverb is likely a no-go.

In reality I do not need another tube amp when I can’t even use my AD15 currently anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think the style of the second video is really useful for people to get an idea of sounds and versatility of an amp if they can’t try one themselves. It’s good stuff!