Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkEnigma
Mar 31, 2001
I recently impulse bought a 6534+ as well. It's my first real amp beyond a 15 watt practice amp, so I can't really offer any objective opinions or reviews of it. I didn't even try any others out (yeah yeah, I know. I just knew I'd probably be happy with anything in that price range).

Needless to say, I love it. I've been using a lovely Metal Zone with a practice amp which drowns so much detail out, it's nice to finally hear the mids and highs ring out, and some real balls in the low end as well. The things a beast, jamming in a tiny garage with 2 half stacks side by side and a loud rear end drumkit right next to my ear, I still haven't turned the volume higher than 3.

I hate nu-metal, hardcore, breakdowns...all of that poo poo. I play old school death metal. This amp is great for it.

DarkEnigma fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 3, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkEnigma
Mar 31, 2001

iostream.h posted:

I accidentally brought mine to a country/classic rock gig recently (yeah, long story don't ask haha) and learned that the clean channel takes pedals amazingly well. It was quite useful (if totally overpowered) for the job, if not optimal.

Cranking the clean channel and throwing a Zvex Fuzz Factory through it into a 2x12 sounds glorious.

Haha, well, good to know it's a little versatile. I haven't used any effects yet, I just plug the guitar straight in.

The footswitch confuses the hell out of me though - I don't know if the guy gave me the wrong one (doubtful) but the labeling on it is nothing like in the manual, and the functions seem to be in reverse.