Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
No Solid state love?

One of the amps I own is a 1982 Roland JC120. I run a PODXT into it, using an A/B switch to get to the clean tones/chorus of the amp, which are unparalleled (IMO).
The thing really shines when running effects & (POD) Distortion...so much so that I've retired my Mesa boogie Tri-Axis.

If clean, shimmering tones with giant headroom and a GODLY stereo chorus are something you strive for, nothing else comes close to the (older) JC120.

Oh, and they are road tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

Iucounu posted:

So after my last tube rig got stolen last year (Laney VH100R half stack) I've decided to go digital with a Fractal Audio Axe-FX II. The new generation of amp modeling devices are the first to really nail the sound of great tube amps. Also it's smaller, lighter, and easier to drag in and out of pubs. I'm so happy to be done with the expense, hassle, and volume tube amps require.

You will not regret it....and sound guys will love you for it (live).

I programmed the most awesome Boogie Mark V tone earlier in the week on mine my ears have had a boner ever since.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

crossposting from the new gear thread:

Thanks for the advice yall. Wasn't my first choice, but I found one for $300 in pristine condition on CL and couldn't pass it up. Beautiful cleans, it gets loud but also sounds just as good at 1. The chorus is loving choice, and I'm not even a huge chorus fan/user. I'm having trouble dialing in a -great- distortion tone with pedals, but I'm sure I'll get one with some tweaking/swapping. I'll try to upload some clips later- for now, back to playing covers of New Order/Police/Cocteau Twins/Metallica/any 80s band with chorused guitar.

nice choice. I love my '82 JC120. It simply can't be beat for what it's made for.