Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumbletweaser
Oct 11, 2004

My life has pretty much just been one long gimmick.

iostream.h posted:

Uhh, I just noticed you want a clean channel, you might want to look at something else, the cleans aren't really anything 'clean'.

Meh, clean-cleans are overrated.

But if you do happen to want them anyway, the Dual Terror offers extra headroom that allows it to clean up very nicely. It still has that class A break-up sound, but it's more subtle which makes it more versatile.

Also, the Fat Channel is monstrous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletweaser
Oct 11, 2004

Sirius Sam posted:

Right now for my hardcore band I'm daisy chaining the Sunn into the Sovtek to the Emperor and Mesa, and for my drone doom project thing I'm running pretty much all of it together.

Could you explain to me how daisy chaining amps works and what it accomplishes? I was not aware that people did this.

Grumbletweaser
Oct 11, 2004

40sTheme posted:

I think you have to use Mesa tubes because they are set up on a fixed bias in the power section. Getting things that are out of spec on that could cause some serious issues.

That hasn't been my experience. I've used JJ and EHX tubes through my Mesa Dual Rectifier and been fine. As long as you get the tube type the amp is biased for, probably 6L6s in your case, you should be fine. I personally recommend JJs'.