Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Ex Machina
Oct 16, 2004
I adopted a highway.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Any of you bassists out there got a recommendation for a "bedroom" amp? I know the Roland is suggested in the Bass Megathread, but I'd like to comparison shop a bit.

I've been practicing for months now through a headphone amp and I'd like to step up a little bit to something that'll keep my ears uncovered. I don't need loud, really, or even a "certain" sound; just a lightweight amp.

For what it's worth I bought one of those new Acoustic combo amps (the 12" at 20 watts or so?) and I love it. Punchy, takes distortion and effects very well. Can keep up with other people's practice amps for low volume practicing or jamming, also, if you want to use it to play with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Ex Machina
Oct 16, 2004
I adopted a highway.

Epi Lepi posted:

I see a couple BXR's up on eBay right now. Couple 15w and a couple 25w. If I go that route should I definitely get the 25w over the 15w or will it not make that much of a difference?

I wasn't planning on going head/cab because I assumed it would be cheaper to get a combo.

If money was no option I would get a Fender amp of comparable quality to the Blues Jr guitar amp I have and love, whatever that may be. But right now I have next to no money and that won't change for a few months. For now I'm using my roommates Rumble 15 when he's not using it.

If you're in the DC area and want a BXR, I have a BXR-100 15" combo amp that's in decent shape that I'll sell to you.

I'm thinking about switching from a small combo to a small head and cab again. I love my small Acoustic 12" combo but would sort of like something punchier I think.

Colin Ex Machina
Oct 16, 2004
I adopted a highway.
I sucked it up and invested in an Acoustic B200h head and an Avatar 2x12 cabinet. Quite a step up from the combo I was using prior. Fuzz sounds incredible now.