Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.
Another goon considering the Tiny Terror Combo. Thing is I'm worried it might overheat as it has no top vent, just an open back. Any thoughts?

Can't seem to find any complaints online about it, which is a good sign I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.

Deelon posted:

It's worth noting that this dude is Jack Black. Really.

Sorry, is a guy called Eric Whorton, the Jack Black thing seems to be an urban legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gelDeT5MlTs&feature=related (around 1:36)

This too, from a quick google search:

"In the 'Den of the gearmanndude' video. The gearmanndude pans the camera over posters of acts he has recorded in his home studio. The most prominent of these is an 'El Roostars' poster. A band from Louisville, Kentucky. featuring 35 year old guitarist Eric WHORTON. Who loves Elvis and the Stones. Who posts videos on his band's youtube page of pedalboards from live gigs. Who can be seen in numerous videos playing in the very recognisable gearmanndude studio as well as filming his kids and grandparents in this studio".

Edit: Goon confirms it isn't Black here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2880432&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Zentrenched fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 22, 2011

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.

Warcabbit posted:

It really is an uncanny resemblance for someone who isn't doing it on purpose. It's not just the sound, it's the words and unique pausing.

Yeah, if the guy played it up a little and maybe threw in a couple of sly Tenacious D refrences, he could have great fun with it.

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.
The Terror is the sort of amp that makes you want to play stoner rock on it, even if it isn't your thing. It's pretty much built for it once you stray out of AC/DC territory.

massive spider posted:

Maybe boost it a bit for more gain but the volume is fine and for gigs you can just mic it up.

And this just makes it sound even more ballsy.