Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mystery Date
Aug 2, 2005
STRAGHT FOOL IN A GAY POOL (MUPPETS ROCK)
Seconding microcube. The battery life is long as hell. I left it on without plugging it in overnight one time and it was still going in the morning. It's also so small you can clip it to your belt and walk around and busk with it. The cleans are nice, the dirty channels aren't bad, and they're all over craigslist for like $60-70. Pretty much a no-brainer for portability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mystery Date
Aug 2, 2005

Dupree9973 posted:

Awww dammit. I had my mind made up to go with the Vox DA5 over the Roland Microcube next paycheck. Now you all have me questioning that.

Yes, yeeees. Come to the dark side... In my opinion it's a better sounding amp as well, but play both in a store to make your decision. If you're turned off by the single EQ knob, it's actually pretty effective at finding good tones. Basically, you're either emphasizing treble, mids, or bass. I like it at about 1 or 2 o'clock for clean stuff, and a little bit higher for dirty. You can't scoop the mids, but that sounds silly anyways.

The Mystery Date
Aug 2, 2005

baka kaba posted:

You guys aren't serious about strolling around with one clipped to your belt are you? Or is the guitar version a lot lighter than the bass one? 15lbs is light but it's not that light...

Done it. You just have to have your belt pretty tight or there will be some saggage. You could also probably rig it up like a backpack.

Edit: How does the bass microcube sound? I imagine there might be problems in the low end with such a small speaker, unless it's larger than the 6 inch one in the guitar model.