Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adri
Jan 2, 2007
I got taco all over my pants!
The GS system is pretty accommodating towards military spouses, yes? I mean with transferring and all that.

With that said, I've been trolling USAjobs for about 7 months now and I have received 2 phone calls about being eligible, and I had to tell one to remove me from the list since we were moving. I got the other one about 3 weeks ago, will I ever hear back if I was rejected or do I just sit here with my thumb up my rear end applying like crazy for other jobs I may/may not be qualified for?

Also, for the "entry-level" jobs in specific fields, such as safety, why the gently caress do they not require a bachelor's degree but do require 3 years experience and do not the degree towards that experience? I mean for gently caress's sake I know more about OSHA than probably half the people who work there and I can't get an in anywhere with my field of specialty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adri
Jan 2, 2007
I figured that for the most part. Sorry to come off like an rear end in a top hat about it, I'm just frustrated with the job market in this field and the application and hiring process for the government.

Adri
Jan 2, 2007

CherryCola posted:

Just so you know, the State Department is accepting applications for its career entry program from today until the 17th!

http://careers.state.gov/civil-service/employment.html#CEP

No one apply for Foreign Affairs, it's miiiiiine.

Yay! A job in Honolulu!

Adri
Jan 2, 2007

suboptimal posted:

Hey, so on the subject of interning... Remember the State Department Career Entry Program internships? Just got this in my inbox:

10,000 applicants. Hopefully one of us gets in!

Good luck to me and you!

Adri
Jan 2, 2007
I thought for the CEP they would let you know if you got referred or not and that it would take awhile to get back to everyone (to give them till November). At least my email said something similar to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adri
Jan 2, 2007

Sirotan posted:

Received these emails on July 25th.

Yea, the whole "referred or not", and I took that as from the close date from the questionnaire that had to be submitted 2 weeks from the email sent then. Not like I'm holding my breath either way.

I've been applying for other things, I actually got referred for a position 2 days after I applied instead of a week! So that must be a good sign.