Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

fivetwo posted:

AFOSI
-Air Force Office of Special Investigations. Like NCIS, but for the Air Force. Hires rarely.

Could you possibly elaborate a bit on what this is/does? I'm going into the Air Force but want to get a federal job afterwards and this sounds like it might be up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

fivetwo posted:

AFOSI Stuff

Thanks for all this, man!

While I'm at it, would any of you Fed Goons have any info about getting a job in the Pentagon?

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
So at risk of sounding like a busy body, and also unsure of if this is a good thread to post this in, but…

Ethically speaking, should I report a dude under investigation for a TS Clearance when he is almost certainly soliciting extra marital affairs on Grindr? This dude is literally cruising the app at his desk all day, and considering he has a wife and kids, I can’t imagine he will answer some of the investigation questions honestly.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

App13 posted:

There is precedent set that homosexual affairs are not effective for black mail (the soviets tried it, which is why there’s a gay bar outside every CONUS and non-CONUS military base).

I actually didn’t know that! Interesting though that despite this, they DEFINITELY still ask something effectively amounting to “are you secretly gay?” in the TS interviews.

In any case, you make a good point.

Alucard posted:

Also seems like he could be better using his time working instead of cruising for rear end, unless his job is "Grindr honey pot."

Also this, lol.

I guess this is the quality of worker you get in defense when the contractors pay like poo poo.

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 13, 2022

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Loucks posted:

Knowing zero about the dude’s situation makes reporting this an rear end in a top hat move. Yeah, post-Roe they’re going to try to criminalize a ton of it, but right now dudes banging dudes is legal and reporting a guy for looking at a gay dating app is super lovely. Be pretty cool to get him fired over this and then find out he’s in an open marriage or something. Big hall monitor energy, which makes op well-suited for some of the worst agencies around (DHS would love you).

Well this is sort of why I posed the question. It’s not a question of legality or anything like that, just more a question of if he should hold this level of clearance if it is one of those “blackmailable” situations. Worst case scenario, he would just get denied his clearance and moved to a different program on the company, not fired (I’m actually pretty sure the investigating agency doesn’t even share why clearance is denied). Is that still a dick move? Yeah, probably. But if he is an open relationship and his wife/family know, then he would be forthcoming about it with his investigator and end up getting the clearance anyways. If he isn’t and he is being a lying scummy dude who cheats on his wife, then I dunno, isn’t this exactly what these security clearance investigations are supposed to be screening for?

The prevailing logic in the thread so far seems to be that this wouldn’t be a huge deal on the investigation though, so I’m probably just overthinking it.

quote:

As for performance that’s between the guy and his supervisor. Unless op is the guy’s supervisor or the behavior is clearly impacting op’s ability to do their job it’s also none of their business.

Who peeps other people’s phones anyway? It’s not harassment if you’re going out of your way to spy on someone. Mind your own business.

Yeah I honestly don’t care about any of this tbh. We work in a shared office environment but he isn’t on my team so the fact that he does it and how it may or may not affect his work doesn’t bother me in the least. I just find it kind of hilarious that he is so brazenly looking at dicks every time I walk by his desk.

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 13, 2022