Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Plato, Heidegger, Aristotle, LOL

synthexic posted:

Thanks for posting this!

Any information on getting one's foot in the door working on the staff of a representative in the House or Senate?

As someone said previously, you'll have to intern on the Hill most likely to get hired there. Or have connections to someone who works in the office. Or work on the campaign staff of someone who got elected/re-elected.

Even if you were offered a staff assistant position without interning, I wouldn't take it. The Hill is not for everyone. I loving hated it. You make poo poo money, and are surrounded by douchebag staffers and interns 24/7. A certain type of person is attracted to that place. (Sycophantic pricks)

Why do you want to work there? Do you want to eventually move over to lobbying? I initially wanted to go down this path but after realizing that I could not stand working there I have begun to consider moving to the Executive Branch to put in some time there and eventually move over to public affairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Anyone have any experience with the Presidential Management Fellowship? Meeting with my school's coordinator this week and going to get the process started.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Anyone else doing PMF?

I hear from my school about our in-house nomination on the 27th.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Just got notification that I've been nominated through my school for PMF. Wasn't really expecting not to get it, but we consistently rank in the top-3 for finalists so I knew there'd be some competitition. I'll provide updates as I work my way through the process for anyone who is considering the program in the future.