Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanishXZone
Apr 1, 2010

Carlton Banks posted:

Has anyone been able to check their application status for IRS positions over the last week? I keep getting "We were unable to complete your request at this time." after USAJobs tries to forward to the IRS

I doubt any progress has been made, but just wondering.

I was getting that for a while but it seems the computer system has updated. I just wish they would provide more of an update; the silence is both deafening and maddening at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanishXZone
Apr 1, 2010

Carlton Banks posted:

I wonder if I should start expecting this for the revenue agent position I applied for. A few weeks ago I noticed an email in my spam folder dated March 3 saying that the IRS would begin scheduling assessments in the next week, but that is the last I have heard from them (and I've been watching my spam folder like a hawk).

I should probably just take the approach others have mentioned and assume that nothing will happen until I get a pleasant surprise a year from now.

If anyone has received one recently, do assessment notices come from HCO.SBSEexternal@irs.gov like the previous email? I added a filter to send it to my inbox instead of the spam filter, but that won't help if the assessment notice comes from somewhere else :allears:

I haven't received anything else either, aside from the automatic updates from USAjobs whenever there's an update to your status (which is when I went from application received to them reviewing qualifications). From the sounds of it they simply had more applications than expected so they're working to sort through everything.

VanishXZone
Apr 1, 2010
Anyone waiting for word from regarding the IRS Revenue Agent position, they just sent out emails saying that external hiring has been cancelled.

VanishXZone
Apr 1, 2010
Anyone who applied for the IRS Revenue Agent position should check their email, as they're still considering applications and the last email was in error. An IRS April Fools joke, who could have guessed?