Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

I'd think there'd be a million jobs in ICE or Homeland Security out here in AZ, but the USAJob system makes no freaking sense. Anyone need a data center nerd out there in Fed land?

I got an automagic letter a while back after applying to ICE for an IT position that said my rating was 81 or something like that, but I never heard anything after that, and the listing is still open. Is this just the usual slow Federal hiring system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Boondock Saint posted:

I got a 91. But with the rate of how competitive these things are, I don't expect to hear anything further. :smith:

Also got a NoR letter back for an archives position I applied for. I got an EL rating but no numerical score. Is that normal?

EDIT: Never mind, got a referal letter just now for the same position. Got a score of 91.

I got the same thing from Homeland Security for an IT job; EL rating, nothing after that. I think that means I'm... eligible to be qualified? :confused:

God, I need a new job.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Diplomaticus posted:

I wonder if people outside the Washington area, military and federal court employees excepted, have any idea what the shutdown means.

Unless they work in some other sort of government, doubtful. Regular folks never seem to think about the sheer number of (dedicated, or at least low-self-esteem) people it takes to make this place work even as badly as it seems to.

Then again, I work for the state of AZ, so I'm used to feeling unappreciated and dirty.