Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

TheMadMilkman posted:

IRS Goon here. Go ahead and add me to the OP.

I am interest in a career with the IRS (or any other federal accounting job) after finishing my masters next May. Is it worth registering at USAJobs and posting my resume this far in advance in order to get my name in the system as a potential candidate ahead of time, or is it best to wait until after graduation when everything is finalized (GPA, etc)?

Just wondering because I was told a while back that agencies such as the IRS only take resumes every so often so it is best to apply during your last year before graduating, but I don't know how accurate that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

ZeroAX posted:

For anyone interested the IRS just posted jobs nationwide for revenue agents starting in June.

Nice, thanks for the tip. The window to apply ends Feb 14 and I probably wouldn't have checked before then so I would have missed the chance.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Has anyone been able to check their application status for IRS positions over the last week? I keep getting "We were unable to complete your request at this time." after USAJobs tries to forward to the IRS

I doubt any progress has been made, but just wondering.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

gmilo posted:

Last time I got silence from the IRS it was followed by the position being frozen due to budget related issues and then the position was closed altogether. Yay federal government.

I wonder if I should start expecting this for the revenue agent position I applied for. A few weeks ago I noticed an email in my spam folder dated March 3 saying that the IRS would begin scheduling assessments in the next week, but that is the last I have heard from them (and I've been watching my spam folder like a hawk).

I should probably just take the approach others have mentioned and assume that nothing will happen until I get a pleasant surprise a year from now.

If anyone has received one recently, do assessment notices come from HCO.SBSEexternal@irs.gov like the previous email? I added a filter to send it to my inbox instead of the spam filter, but that won't help if the assessment notice comes from somewhere else :allears:

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

VanishXZone posted:

Anyone waiting for word from regarding the IRS Revenue Agent position, they just sent out emails saying that external hiring has been cancelled.

Yeah I just got that, too bad. On the bright side, I got an offer for a state auditor job this afternoon, so at least that will tide me over until another IRS opportunity comes along :unsmith: