Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Villain's Mask
Nov 28, 2004

This post he typed in cold blood with a toothpick
Apparently the Best Places to Work survey for this year is out. Not a whole lot of things have changed other than the inclusion of a few agencies not included previously. I find it to be a helpful guide even though I decided to work for a low-ranked agency (I haven't started yet).

http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/rankings/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Villain's Mask
Nov 28, 2004

Eddain posted:

Wow, TSA is #220 out of 224 under Agency Subcomponents. I guess that was a bad choice on my part.

DHS and its subcomponents are always right near the bottom of the rankings. I'm going to be doing a career internship there so I don't know which subcomponent I'll end up in when the three years are up. At this point I think I have a better idea of where I don't want to go than where I do.

Villain's Mask
Nov 28, 2004

Eddain posted:

Is there any particular website that lists the most common freebies you get as a federal employee? I've heard of the Knotts Berry Farm free entry for federal employees and the Apple store discounts, anything else?

I've never even heard of these. I start my new job tomorrow(!) so these things will likely be covered in orientation. Still it sounds interesting--if it comes up (and no one answers first) then I'll be sure to let you know.