Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athazagoraphobia
Jan 30, 2005

We built this kitty. We built this kitty on rock and roll!
I am in the process of being cleared for a State Department internship this coming fall but I have already had my interim security clearance denied. Has anyone had their interim denied for Secret clearance only to go on and eventually get the regular clearance approved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athazagoraphobia
Jan 30, 2005

Just finished my interview for Secret clearance. After being lectured about my prior drug use, the interviewer would not make eye contact with me for the remaining duration of our conversation. I was informed that they did not interview anyone from my sf-86 and do not intend to. Apparently, honesty is for suckers.

Athazagoraphobia
Jan 30, 2005

I was certain that my interviewer lecturing me on drug use during my security interview would spell an end to my secret clearance but today it came through! I can safely say that honesty is the best policy.

Athazagoraphobia
Jan 30, 2005

GreenCard78 posted:

Regarding the SF 86, I have no idea whether or not the paperwork has me down for a felony or a misdemeanor. Either way, I got probation before conviction (pbj?) for a misdemeanor and ended up not receiving a conviction and the charge dismissed. The crime was a felony (half a pound of weed) but my lawyer had the government prosecutor try us for misdemeanor possession + intent. Judge turned into into probation before judgment and then everything was dropped.

If I were to fill out an SF 86, was I on trial for a felony? I've tried contacting my old PO or anyone about but no one wants to talk to me. I've been hung up on, told they don't have my information anymore, and been blatantly put off. I was arrested in DC and if they don't have the worst record keeping (even during my trial, they were ridiculous), I will be amazed.

Does anyone have insight?

Edit: Athazagoraphobia, how honest were you?

I admitted to drug use which included cocaine, opioids, cannabis and lots of prescription medicine. I had been using marijuana regularly up until 4 months ago. I also got an email 8 minutes later saying that they would like to recall my security clearance and I am still under investigation, so you should probably disregard all of this.