Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.
I don't ever plan on being an engineer with a top secret clearance, but I would some day like to work for HUD or another government agency. At age 18 I was arrested in DC with 12 ounces of weed (way before I ever thought I could do something with my life) and got an intent to distribute charge. It was actually a misdemeanor, DC is pretty chill as long as you're nonviolent. I also never got convicted, probation before judgement. Everything was taken off my record, no conviction, no arrest. Does anyone have any idea if I'm screwed on getting a federal job that's not in a mail room or mopping the floors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Regarding the SF 86, I have no idea whether or not the paperwork has me down for a felony or a misdemeanor. Either way, I got probation before conviction (pbj?) for a misdemeanor and ended up not receiving a conviction and the charge dismissed. The crime was a felony (half a pound of weed) but my lawyer had the government prosecutor try us for misdemeanor possession + intent. Judge turned into into probation before judgment and then everything was dropped.

If I were to fill out an SF 86, was I on trial for a felony? I've tried contacting my old PO or anyone about but no one wants to talk to me. I've been hung up on, told they don't have my information anymore, and been blatantly put off. I was arrested in DC and if they don't have the worst record keeping (even during my trial, they were ridiculous), I will be amazed.

Does anyone have insight?

Edit: Athazagoraphobia, how honest were you?

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Applying to a Library of Congress Fellowship, they want two letters of recommendation and I've definitely got one in on time. I'm worried about another and have prompted that person to please get in before it closes. I'm scrambling to get another LoR. Does anyone know how they view applicants with only one LoR (heaven forbid)?