Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK
Doesn't seem like theres a lot of info on getting into the intelligence community floating around here, but I thought I might ask. Any goons in that area or anybody know what to look into for it? I'm a Political Science/International Relations student looking to get into political, military, or intelligence analysis kind of positions when I graduate about a year and a half down the road. is this something I should look into military service first, or can I reasonably expect to be able to get into work for this with my degree? An old friend of mine served in the Air Force as an enlisted analysis and many of his friends and co workers graduated and went straight into jobs with the CIA and NSA, so that kinda got me thinking about that or looking into OCS from the military goons thread. Thanks for any info you guys have, as I get loser and closer to graduating, I get more and more nervous about what the hell I'm going to do after school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK

Joshie posted:

I do not work for any of these companies, but I provide their contractors the computers they use to do whatever it is intel nerds do!

The biggest thing is there all (obviously) private companies that get contracted into the work. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but they all still require a security clearance for the type of work. If the company wants to offer you a job they need to sponsor your attempt to get a clearance before you can actually do any work which means waiting maybe a year or more with this employee in limbo where at the end of the line if things go badly they may not get to hire you anyways. Its a drawn out process that is avoided by just hiring someone who already has a clearance. Thats how I've always heard it tends to go anyways.