Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

SteelAngel2000 posted:

And John Madden.

There are people who don't know John Madden was a coach.

gently caress John Madden

The majority of people here weren't even alive while he was coaching. Why should we care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

The Illusive Man posted:

I'm pretty sure black requires a medical waiver of some sort to use.

I always thought it was kind of cheap. D-backs and linebackers will watch the eyes of QBs and receivers to predict where the ball is going. Bright sunlight should be equally annoying as well.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

I think the NFL's scheduling system is pretty elegant right now with a 16 game system that improves parity. Have there been any ideas put forward yet as to how a 18 game schedule would work. I want to believe that there will be method to it, but my gut tells me the league is just going to pick out some prime time worthy match ups for NFLN and the other stations.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

East coast bias.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Blackula69 posted:

IIRC Nolan wore a suit the first time after his father died. The league said he couldn't, and he calmly explained how they'd look to the fans if he wasn't allowed to honour his dad. So they let him and he kept doing it.

I think it's stupid that they can't. Hank Stram would never stand for this hoodie poo poo.

I can't imagine what Vince Lombardi would have looked like standing on the sidelines in whatever Reebok brand team windbreaker that's new on nflshop.com this week. Classy looking coaches are bad rear end.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

Something I always wondered, if the Green Bay Packers are owned by shareholders but the stock pays no dividends, where do the profits go?

Most of it goes back into stadium district improvement. The county voted for a .5% sales tax increase to pay for renovations when the stadium was being rebuilt a while back and thanks to the Packers the team has actually dumped into back into repayment that the loan and tax are going to be finished well ahead of schedule. They're also planning on doing an addition to the stadium grounds that's going to have a strip mall type set-up with restaurants and poo poo so they bought up a bunch of houses in the area for well above market value. I know they just built a new practice field so that they could hold more spectators and be safer for fans and motorists too.

I don't read their books or anything, but I'm sure they have a decent amount of money going into other aspects of the community as well.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Another example of this with a different team from a while back was the Giants - Ron Dayne and Tiki Barber: "Thunder and Lightning" (except Dayne sucked rear end)

I'm sorry that your team ruined an awesome running back with terrible scheme and play calling.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I don't know if this is actually a Real Thing or not, but I have heard over the last few years, that Peyton Manning really really struggles against 3-4 defenses. I've heard that (especially during Pats/Colts and Chargers/Colts games), but I've never really understood why. Peyton is as good at surveying a defense and identifying where the pressure is coming from better than anyone I've ever seen. Why is it that he struggles against 3-4 base defenses?

For the past few years it seems like most of the best defenses in the AFC run a 3-4. He plays New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, the Jets, and I guess San Diego has a decent defense sometimes too. I don't think he's struggling against 3-4 defenses so much as he's struggling against good defenses, which is reasonable even for Manning. He hasn't really struggled to beat the bad 3-4 defenses because they're bad defenses, I don't think the scheme is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Bashez posted:

It's called playing ironman and it used to happen all the time. It still does in peewee to highschool depending on how good an athlete is but come highschool time you're really picking a specialty and spending almost all of your time there.

Unless you went to an awful school like mine and can hardly get 20 people suited up and eligible for game day.

• Locked thread