Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The correct choice for a team to bandwagon on is the Cincinnati Ochocincos. They are academically the most entertaining team in the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fact: Whenever there are shots of sunburst visors the person wearing them is always doing something badass.

Observation: Sunburst visors turn people into badasses.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

I know the pros don't, but they're insane.

Is that like not wearing sleeves when it's cold out?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah to not have been a little motherfucker...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

texaholic posted:

My rankings of the NFL divisions based on the rivalry factor:

2. AFC East

5. AFC North

Lol the Bills are worse than the Browns and the Ravens and Bengals have been more competitive than the Jets and Dolphins for the last half decade. If you think everyone in the AFC:N doesn't hate everyone else I have some news for you.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

Explain your obviously flawed reasoning here.

Bengals - 2 winning seasons in the last 5 years, 2 in the last decade. 0 playoff wins. 1 divisional title.
Jets - 3 winning seasons in the last 5 years, 7 in the last decade. 4 playoff wins. 1 divisional title.
Dolphins - 2 winning seasons in the last 5 years, 6 in the last decade. 1 playoff win. 2 divisional titles.

Five years:
Bengals: 2 division titles
Browns: Narrowly missed playoffs in 07
Ravens: 2 WC spots, 1 Division title, 1 AFC Championship game (lost to Steelers), 1 other postseason win
Steelers: 2 WC spots, 1 SB title, 2 Div titles, 1 SB title

The AFC:N has two superbowls in the last five years and three AFC championship appearances. 3 teams have won the division in the last five years despite the fact that every year but 06 The AFC:N sent 2 teams into the postseason. Even in 06 the Bengals would have been in if it weren't for a fluky game in Denver with two bad holds for FG/EP. The Ravens have been more successful than the Jets and the Bengals have been more successful than the Dolphins. The AFC:E title has been held by the Pats four of the last five years. Even the Browns lone winning season was 10-6 to the Bills 9-7

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 15, 2010

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If he doesn't mind seeing it after the fact, this is a good option for 50$.

You don't have to worry about quality or streams being discovered and taken down by the league.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can you imagine the league telling Belichick to wear a suit?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do any of you know a good video for teaching kids to throw (I can handle catching) a football? My family sent me a football and I'm going to try and teach my Georgian students the basics.

Man these Caucasians all look like natural quarterbacks, most of them are tall and they universally have long arms and huge hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I'm seeing a Korean girl and she wants an explanation of football. Anyone know of a complete beginners guide that gives a succinct explanation in less advanced English? I've seen the wikipedia page but that might bore her too much. Her English is good but she'll take a little longer to read.

• Locked thread