Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Doppelganger posted:

I like making dumb lists, so I've broken down the league into a few categories for someone who wants to pick a team to root for.

Nice, but opinions are like assholes and I have got one. Also you missed a couple teams but I think I got them all.

1. The Up and Comers
It's fun to start following a team who isn't terrible, but still has some improvements to make. When you invest a little time in watching your team grow, it makes it that much more satisfying when they get a major win. This might also be a team who has been enjoying success for the last few years after decades of despair.
    Houston Texans - Best WR in the league
    New Orleans Saints - will be a contender this year and defending Super Bowl winner, absolutely terrible history
    San Diego Chargers - could very well be a contender, but they have a habit of choking in the playoffs
    Cincinnati Bengals - their offense is star studded, they will lead the league in drama
    Tennessee Titans - Best running back in the league
    Atlanta Falcons - One of the best young QBs in Matt Ryan
    Miami Dolphins - wildcat formation
    San Francisco 49ers - My favorite Coach who doesn't coach the team I root for

2. The Underdogs
Ok, maybe you'd rather pick a team with even farther to go? You probably liked the beginnings of sports movies like Little Giants when the characters all still suck, and then you get kinda bored when they start clicking as a team 45 minutes in. That's fine though, the NFL has plenty of fixer-uppers with nowhere to go but up!
    Washington Redskins - Arguably could be in the up and comers with their new coach/gm
    Buffalo Bills - will be worst team this year, might move to Toronto
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Detroit Lions - Historically most pathetic team in NFL history
    St. Louis Rams
    Jacksonville Jaguars - probably moving to Los Angeles
    Seattle Seahawks
    Cleveland Browns - Best pro team in Cleveland
    Carolina Panthers
    Arizona Cardinals
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Chicago Bears

3. The Villains
All the girls love a bad boy. You might like rooting for a team that most everyone else loves to hate.
    New York Jets - best defense on paper, IMO
    New York Giants
    Oakland Raiders - Owned by Darth Vader
    Philadelphia Eagles - their fans hate everything
    Pittsburgh Steelers - Their QB currently leads the league in rape
    Denver Broncos - Their QB is probably chugging Jack Daniels right now

4. The Superstars - for the upcoming season
You may get called a bandwagoner by some, but you'll always enjoy watching your dominant, consistently solid team rack up wins, and usually hit the playoffs.
    Minnesota Vikings - Brett Favre
    Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers
    Indianapolis Colts - Peyton Manning
    Baltimore Ravens - Very popular pick but I am not sold yet
    Dallas Cowboys - best offense on paper, IMO
    New England Patriots - Tom Brady > Mark Sanchez

edit: added some comments

texaholic fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

ThatOtherGuy posted:

Yeah, Dallas and New England not being in the Villans category was not expected.

You are right but I believe they both teams very capable of winning the super bowl this year. I guess I could have them in both categories.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

My rankings of the NFL divisions based on the rivalry factor:

1. NFC East
2. AFC East

smaller gap

3. NFC North
4. AFC West
5. AFC North

huge gap