Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008
Sam Koch is the punter, you are thinking of Steve Hauschka, who ruined one of the best games any ravens qb has ever had by sucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008

JuicedSixFo posted:

Also Kelley Washington sucks real bad, doesn't do poo poo, but will sure as gently caress take credit for the rest of the team.

He is no longer on the team but do not listen to this man Kelley Washington owned and was the 2nd best reciever the ravens had last year. And he owns. *waves goodbye to fleeing patriots fans*

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008

JuicedSixFo posted:

That's, uh, really not saying much.

(but yes I'm just upset about the goodbye wave to fans who used to support him in a game where he did nothing)

I heard he also did the squirrel dance on top of a troy brown jersey

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

He was the starter 2 years ago and he blew, but he's a lot better with Rice in front of him. Solid pickup.

? Last time he was really the starter was in 07, and he was pretty good then.

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008

Cane Break posted:

I wish they would have some sort of throwback week where the coaches could wear suits.

I think they did this once

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008
It depends on the team, but traditionally they will make the big decisions and they probably have input on their specialty, like when Billick was the HC for the ravens, before he took over play calling duties, I'm sure he had some input on the playcalling even if someone else was doing most of it.

To simplify it, generally OC/Position coaches seem to have the most input directly to the players, while HC's just make the big calls and keep everything organized.

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008

Kevyn posted:

Girlfriend-type question, I know. What are those guys on the sidelines who are holding what appears to be a giant glass shield? Collision-proof cameramen or something?

If you are talking about what I think you are, they are trying to pick up sound from the field.

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008
I try to focus on defensive lineman generally, seeing how both lines are doing.

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008
Pretty sure they have been sharing a stadium since they stopped playing in sheah(how do you spell this?) forever ago. Its been quite a long time.

And while the schedule can change, the teams playing eachother rarely if ever does

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008
For rb carries, just off the top of my head around 15 is on the low end of normal in a game, about 30 is the high end, for a one back team anyway. For a qb, 30+ passes is alot, but they don't really get tired. Brian Griese threw like 55+ times in a game a few years ago, their arm's don't really tire out. Its not like a pitcher in baseball.

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008
Lucas oil stadium is only a couple years old though, isnt it a much longer tradition than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pop Dog
Jul 11, 2008
Also outside of that 2006 playoff game he torches the ravens regularly. That defense just happened to be nearly as good as the 2000 ravens so that helped.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread