Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Is that a more prestigious conference? All I know about Boise State was from watching Out of the Blue by accident once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT
Who is Pickles?

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Dey Yah posted:

I just remembered that the Seahawks used to be an AFC team. They moved them to the NFC during the division restructuring in 2002 and brought the Texans into the AFC. I'm wondering why the Texans weren't just made an NFC team from the start. Anybody know what the deal is with that? huh?
Probably because the Cowboys are already in the NFC.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Arena football and the Canadian Football League are possibilities for a lot of them

Canadian Football limits the amount of "import" players. Quarterbacks don't count towards this total, though.
non-import players are:

CFL posted:

A player who was physically resident in Canada for an aggregate of 7 years prior to turning 15 or if he’s a Canadian Citizen, was physically resident in Canada for an aggregate period of 5 years prior to turning 18.
http://www.cfl.ca/page/game_rule_ratio

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Batoot posted:

I was thinking about the Pats but to be honest I don't want to be a bandwagon fan.
You're not a bandwagon fan if you stick with it.

The Patriots have Vince Wilfork.
- He's a well-conditioned athlete.
- He shills for Big Y roast chickens
- He's a spongebob fan. He likes spongebob. Any questions?

The Patriots have Chandler Jones, brother of Jon "Bones" Jones, who apparently is an MMA fighter.

The Patriots have Rob Gronkowski, who is a big good and also already holds some records for the tight end position.

The Patriots have Bill Belichick, and I've yet to root for a team with a more fun coach to root for. He hates the media, cheats to win, and changes the way football is played sometimes.

The Patriots also, of course, have :swoon: Tom Brady :swoon: who is not only the most handsome man in football, he's also one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the sport. Plus he knocked up one supermodel then soon after married another. Champion.

Join the dark side. :twisted:

Zorkon fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 11, 2012

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Also, Brady will be retiring in the next few years, so you can experience a real good team now, and a real bad team when that happens.
Every Sunday night I lie awake in fear of Belichick and Brady retiring at the same time. Join me in fear, Batoot!

Chichevache posted:

It's actually Jon, not Julio. And he is the undisputed light heavy weight champ.
Thanks, my mistake, edited.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Cate the Great posted:

Hi everyone just thought I'd drop by, I'm a long-time lurker of here and some various other interests, thought I'd first just say hello!

Long-time Colts fan (since I was really little), although I'm not exactly sure about all the rules, thus why I dropped by here first. Can someone better explain what legal blocking is? I've been so confused about what is actually a hold and what isn't so I can get upset at the refs more ;)

The basic distinction is a block is when you're in someone's way and stop them from making a tackle.

A hold is when the guy you're blocking is making moves around you and you can't block him anymore. So if you grab onto him and stop him from making a tackle, then that's a hold.

I'm sure someone else can give a more technical description, but that's the basics.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT
So if the Vikings win today they lock in a home-and-home series with the Packers. Does that happen much in the NFL?

E: back to back games, specifically alternating home field

Zorkon fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 30, 2012

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

MonsterUnderYourBed posted:

My impression was that when they say things like X is the Yth ranked Offense in the NFL, it is done on a PPG metric. Which seems to be without context to the point of uselessness, seeing as Points scored don't win you games of football, points scored more than your opponent does.

Quite often, people also use average yards given up.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT
I remember a game this year where the defending team had to fish their helmets out of a box on the sideline to go line up to stop an extra point.

Maybe it was the packers/seahawks ridiculous game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Blackula69 posted:

I can't wait for the inevitable documentary on the strike

What strike?

• Locked thread