Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doppelganger posted:

List

I would move the Bears into the Household Names. Our QB situation is pretty good for the time being and for the foreseeable future. Or Make a section called "Teams that will turn you to alcoholism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Evoq posted:

quote:

If I dont then NFL.com doesnt know how they work either :confused:. Is it only based on wins or something?

Crosspostin from Open Letters. Someone care to explain how the divisional standings are supposed to work? I thought it was like regular W/L standings. How are the Chargers a game out of first place in the AFCW, at 1-2, when the Raiders are 3-0?

Division standings don't kick in unless there is a tie with the overall standings.

So the 5-4 Raiders and the 5-4 Chiefs are winning the Division with the 4-5 Chargers one game behind them. If they end up with a tied record at the end of the year they go to Head to head, so if one team won two games against the other then they would win the division. If they split the head to head then they go to Divisional record.

For example in the NFC North right now.

The Bears and Pack are tied at 6-3, However if the season ended right now the Bears would win the Division as they beat the Packers in the one game they have played. thus winning the tiebreaker.

Edit:

Crowbear posted:

The divisional standings are based on regular win/loss record, and divisional win/loss only comes into play as a tie breaker. So the Chargers at 4-5 are 1 game behind the 5-4 Raiders in the division.

The Raiders are currently in first over KC because while they're tied in regular w/l, Oakland is 3-0 in the division while KC is only 1-2.

Hmm. I thought Head to Head came before Divisional record?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

was that madden commercial just about alex smith?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wrong topic.

• Locked thread