Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What exactly does it mean for a defense to have a 1-gap or 2-gap (or A-gap?) scheme? Something to do with plugging holes in the offensive line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Captain Satire posted:

For defense they have two legends and potentially hall of famers in Ray Lewis (linebacker) and Ed Reed (saftey) and a very strong defencive line. For the last 5 years or so Ravens have build their game on top ranked defending.

From what I hear, Reed is seriously considering retiring though. He's 31, was playing injured all last year and had hip surgery earlier this year.

Fake edit: According to this article in the Baltimore Sun he's still intent on playing. I only watched a few Raven's games (mostly the playoffs) and I have to admit that he didn't look too bad out there even despite the injuries. Kinda remains to be seen where a guy who says he's now at 35% will be physically at the start of the season.

Not that this should have any say in anybody's fandom. Just saying. :tipshat:

Real Edit: Complete tangent here: What is the benefit to rotating your defensive lineman/running backs? Is it just to keep guys fresh, or is there something else I'm missing here?

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 8, 2010

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

terrin posted:

Diagram of gaps/techniques to make things clear, inside techniques omitted.

That diagram makes it a hell of a lot clearer. Thanks! :tipshat:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

What exactly is the benefit of the Giants' "bunch of guys behind the kicker" style of kickoffs? Just an attempt to confuse the return team?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Can somebody explain to me the basic differences between the divisions in college football? Which are considered to have the higher talent? Is it anything like baseball where AAA is the peak, and if so, where do the BCS and NAIA fit into this?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

Yes because it owned and was something new in a game that had seen everything.

And yes because desean Jackson is a retard and should've stopped and set his feet before he did it

Brandon Boykin! :eng101:

Still a hell of a play though. Shame it didn't work. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

For televised games I usually end up eyeing the QB or whoever has the ball on every play. It's a hard habit to break. During live games, for some reason I always end up focused on a receiver. Might be because it's easier to parse what's going on when you're not looking at a heap of 10-15 guys, but it's not really a conscious thing so :shrug:.

• Locked thread