Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Blitz7x posted:

Can someone explain why like 3 of the first 4 draft picks were used on right tackles? And why they are using the drafted left tackles to play the right tackle position? Are the skillsets different? I would think that a good left tackle would be a great right tackle, and a good right tackle would make an ok to poor left tackle

IN the Eagles case, they needed Line help basically everywhere and Johnson was the BPA pick. And Jason Peters owns so hard at LT.

When not drag racing. Or injuring himself on a wheel-a-bout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Declan MacManus posted:

A computer can't use its eyes

A computer doesn't KNOW things

Or the fact most computer polls are secretive and there's no oversight to see if the formulas make a lick of sense. The guy programming the computer is (theoretically) capable of inputting whatever crazy formula into it with little drawback.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

swickles posted:

The postponed that game in Philly a few years ago, the one where we had the Joe Webb Experience and the Govenor of PA making casually racist remarks about Chinamen, but that was because the stadium was literally packed to the brim with snow and not because of the weather itself.

Wait, what? I don't remember this at all and I loathe Tom Corbett. Have a link or something?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Oh that. I remember now. Rendell had a week left in office at that point, which explains my memory.

Still better than Corbett

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Why does everyone make fun of Soothing Vapors' wife?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Sash! posted:

The whole system is a big zany in the first place anyhow. Observe these quarterbacks that Penn State has had:

2013-2015: Christian Hackenberg, 5* and #2 Pro-Style QB prospect. Aside from a good 2013 season was mediocre at best. Never won more than 7 games in a season.
2011-2012: Matt McGloin, unrated walk-on. After a rough start, turned out to be way better than you'd think, holds four team records and briefly served as Raiders starting QB. Went 8-4 in 2012, with several upsets, in a season that lots of people expected to be horrible.
2010-2011: Robert Bolden, 4* and a top ten QB with all the major recruiting sites. Was horrible, ended up as fourth string QB at LSU, and they tried to make him a WR. Eventually wound up at Western Michigan. Went 7-6 in 2010.
2008-2009: Daryll Clark, 3*. Won Big Ten Championship in 2008 and held five team records when he graduated. Beat out 4* and top five prospect Pat Devlin for starting job (Devlin never saw significant time and transferred to Delaware.) Went 22-4 as a starter.
2006-2007: Anthony Morelli, 5* and GOOD GRAVY the best ever on paper. Was an Elite 11 QB. Never really turned the corner and ended up being a serviceable, but not good, QB. 18-8 as a starter.
2005: Michael Robinson, couldn't even find what he was, but given his high school career he may have been 4*. Saw lots of action in 2003 and 2004, but wasn't starter and even played RB and WR as needed. Won the Big Ten championship (11-1 as full time starter), had a modest NFL career, went to the Pro Bowl once, caught a touchdown pass in a Super Bowl, has a ring.

Most of that is the opposite of what the stars would have suggested!

what was Zack Mills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

On 3rd and forever, why dont defenses line up with the majority of their players on the first down line, red rover style? I saw that happen once during a college game and it was v effective

• Locked thread