Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

SonOfDonkeyman posted:

Slaton's problem last year was a residual neck injury that supposedly made him fumble the ball because being hit in a certain place RENDERED HIM MOMENTARILY UNCONSCIOUS, if his neck gets better he should be alright but if not I'd say his career is done.

poo poo, I didn't know he went unconscious, I thought he just had no feeling in his hand the whole season due to a pinched nerve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
By this metric David Carr isn't even the worst Texans QB of all time (GO gently caress YOURSELF CHRIS BROWN)

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Wikipedia says they banned tinted facemasks except for medical need in the 1998 season. I tried looking for a better source, but suprise, NFL.com doesn't seem to have a listing of rule changes by year.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Dominion posted:

There are certainly rules against collusion between teams, but I'm not sure what the actual wording of the rules are. Trades also need to be approved by the NFL.

"No, you can NOT trade Bernard Pollard to whomever is playing the Patriots for the first 6 weeks of the season"

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I always watch Kareem Jackson because who doesn't like touchdowns!?! :cry:

e; Or trainwrecks, for that matter.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

adisca posted:

Can anybody give any jersey buying advice? Are the NFLshop ones really worth the price?

https://www.tarajersey.com

https://www.yukijersey.com

Both will get you 'authentics' (fake but extremely convincing, much better than the $90 official replica jerseys) for $38.00 shipped.

e; I went seaching for the old Coupons thread and apparently these kinds of sites are getting shut down by feds?

Kind of a lovely thing to move the thread to the Gas Chamber though. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2911318&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=36

Dramatika fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 9, 2010

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

OperaMouse posted:

I have some questions about communication.

How many plays, audibles, and coaching signals are players supposed to know?
Does it depend on the position?
What exactly does the QB say just before the play: just some code words, or the full plan?
How often do codes and audibles change?
How often does a playbook change and the plays a player is supposed to know?
If they do, is it to adapt to the opponent, or is to prevent "espionage"?

How much is said over the radio head sets? Who has a receiver in his helmet? Is it possible to eavesdrop on those?

I don't know about the rest, but regarding radios - one person on field for each team has a radio. It's always the QB for offense, and I'm pretty sure it's generally the MLB on defense.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

FairGame posted:

Stupid question:

Is it possible to purchase the apparel made before the Super Bowl for the losing team? I remember seeing some TV story once upon a time showing a bunch of kids in Africa who must think the Buffalo Bills are the greatest NFL team ever since they were all running around wearing donated clothing.

I kind of want to mock the hell out of a friend of mine who's insistent that the Rams should be awarded with an additional Super Bowl victory since the Patriots cheated.

Are there vendors that sell this sort of thing?

http://www.google.com/search?q=sine...9111c1d610a8252

Looks like your best shot is a pin, I don't really have any idea where you'd go about finding something like a shirt or hat.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

OperaMouse posted:

Who is Megatron?

He seems to be a wide receiver in an NFC North team.

Calvin Johnson.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
To continue this subject - When the Jets and Giants play each other in NY, would anyone know if they both use their separate home locker rooms, or would one of them have to use the visitor room?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Dominion posted:

I would assume they would have to use the visitor's locker room, if only because not having your own stuff and your own decorations and colors and not being "home" is the only real part of the "home field advantage" the de facto home team gets in that particular game.

Well, there's also the fact (OK I'm not 100% sure on this so correct me if I'm waaaay off) that the season ticket holders for the 'home team' are going to compose the majority of the crowd, or at least I would think so.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

Something I always wondered, if the Green Bay Packers are owned by shareholders but the stock pays no dividends, where do the profits go?

From my understanding, it goes to city improvement. I could be mistaken however.

e- Also, back into the team.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Ron Jeremy posted:

I guess I should know this, but what does "N/V" mean in the thread title?

News and Views.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Herr Tog posted:

Welp shows how much I know. At least I'll get some good giggles from it.
Any recommendations for overrated players for me to draft and cackle madly by myself with?

By the way thank you everyone for your corrections.

I don't know if you actually talk to fantasy football players, but if you draft a team of overrated players they're just going to laugh at you and look forward to playing your team. The only real way to troll them is to draft an actual good team while pretending to know absolutely nothing about football at all, and justifying all your actual good picks with ridiculous excuses or stories loosely based on their last names. And they're probably going to see through it.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Sash! posted:

I suggest you look at a picture facing the other way

Not really getting what you're trying to say here... why wouldn't it be safer? Unless you insist on dunking the ball over the goalpost and it falls on you, but hey, there're rules against that already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
e; sorry wrong thread, not the GDT

• Locked thread