Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crm
Oct 24, 2004

Hey they'll be good this year.

Anyway, fantastic writeup by Kalli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crm
Oct 24, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

Meanwhile, in the NFL, the Carolina Panthers ran out of quarterbacks in a game late in the 2006 season. Dan Henning, who has been around long enough to have some familiarity with the single-wing and had already been messing around at points with older formations like the full house and wishbone, decided to employ an older-style single-wing with direct snaps to DeAngelo Williams as a last resort. It was fairly effective.

If we want to get really accurate, Henning's Wildcat formation was designed around QB Brett Basanez - who was a Northwestern Wildcat. When they were going to run it, FB Brad Hoover was injured so they scrapped it, leading to the direct-snap-to-DeAngelo plays which are known as a the "Tiger" formation - Williams was a Memphis Tiger.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Somebody explain how the "lining up" stuff works? I know you have to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage, but I've heard stuff like "the tackle is uncovered" and I'm not exactly sure what the deal there is.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Here's a question specific to crm or HooverFan if he's around or fiz if he actually lived in Charlotte: Is it weird to have a "Carolina" team? I can't imagine having some kind of Ohio-Indiana or Ohio-West Virginia team or something. Actually I can't even imagine having just an Ohio team, which I think is what the Columbus Blue Jackets are going for, but anyway...is it just kind of a different way of thinking, that North Carolina and South Carolina people just don't care much?

I guess the basic question I'm asking is, aren't there separate identities for the two states? Is there a gap, and if so, why do several sports teams try to bridge the gap?

To be honest, naming it "Carolina" was likely just a cynical ploy to get a fan base, trying to make those yokels down in SC feel included.

In all truth, you could very well just call them the Charlotte Panthers. And beyond that, the Carolinas are indeed separate entities.

As somebody pointed out above, SC doesn't really give a crap about anything beyond college football. NC is all about the college basketball. SC puts mustard crap on their BBQ which everybody knows is an affront to nature and possibly God.

NC is pretty split up too. You've got the hippies out in Asheville, the Charlotte area which has been inundated with yankees, then the research triangle/college areas up along I-40, and then all the eastern carolina pig farmers. NC people can't even agree on how to make their BBQ - the eastern guys are all vinegar and the western half ("Lexington BBQ") use a tomato based sauce. Both are amazing and orders of magnitude better than that "carolina gold" down in SC.

There is considerably less interest in the Panthers once you get outside of Charlotte. And in Charlotte, interest in the Hurricanes is virtually non-existent.

And yes, "Carolina" refers to NC, and in the context of college sports, it means "University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill" and anyone who says otherwise is a liar or a fool.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

This might be the wrong place to ask, but is anyone aware of any football roster management software?

Stuff that allows you to maintain a roster, set depth chart, stuff like that?

Web based is even better.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

No, I have a flag football team and I want something to manage the roster / depth chart with.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Does anyone know of any software that let's you draw up football plays?

Preferably free :D

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Yeah, i saw that one, it gets pretty expensive if you want to use it more than a few days. (2 weeks, $15 what)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Viseo could work. It might be a little clunky getting all your formations saved to use as templates, but the output would look really good.

yeah i've been using this type of of thing, but you really can't do animation or anything. not a huge deal, but if there was something, that would be great.

• Locked thread