Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Chris Cooley is my Life Coach.
Scotty a really good way to get to know the individual players other than Madden is to get into fantasy football. Not only does it force you to pay attention to the rising and falling stars of the NFL but it also gives you something else to cheer for during Sundays.

I run a league with a few Aussie mates, a German and two Canadians that might have a spot for you.

Some of the most exciting games for me last season were games in which the team I support was not even playing. That said, I support the Skins so its kind of understandable.

As for picking a team I would suggest you stay away from the big winning franchises of the last decade such as the Patriots, Colts or Steelers.

Teams that have just undergone radical overhalls might be a good idea. Seattle, Denver, Oakland, Washington and a few others have all undergone some radical changes recently.

Captain Satire fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Wise words

Bigfoot the best thing you could do is watch some true commander QBs like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady play this year.

You'll see them move out of the huddle, cooly inspect the defense and make changes accordingly.

EDIT: My own question!

What are the major rule changes and justifications for these changes in the Pro-Bowl? Is is all to protect the players from injury?

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Tekopo posted:

I managed to watch some games on ESPN America here in Europe and I fell in love with the sport. The first game that I watched was with the Ravens so I ended up supporting them most of the time. How do they stack up with most of the other teams and what players should I keep an eye out for when I watch them play?

The Ravens had a pretty good off-season this year and picked up top tier WR Anquan Boldin from Arizona. He gives their receiving corp an instand boost as their veteran WR Derrick Mason is getting on. They have a young QB going into his 3rd year called Joe Flacco who is getting more and more chances to pass the ball.

That said the Raven's offensive strength is their running game. Ray Rice had a breakout year last season and its not uncommon to see him as one of the top 5 backs in the league right now.

For defense they have two legends and potentially hall of famers in Ray Lewis (linebacker) and Ed Reed (saftey) and a very strong defencive line. For the last 5 years or so Ravens have build their game on top ranked defending.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

I thought the picking up of Ben Tate signals Slaton's end in Houston.

• Locked thread