Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
All of the Chiefs signings so far have had guaranteed roster bonuses instead of signing bonuses. This would probably be really interesting if I knew anything about NFL contracts. Anyone care to explain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Kalli posted:

Signing bonuses are spread out as a cap hit over the length of a contract, whereas roster bonuses are applied to the year they're given out. Since there's no salary cap this year, but almost assured to be one next year, you can give out roster bonuses in lieu of signing bonuses to move costs to this season.

Also of note, that the year the roster bonus is applied based on the date it's supposed to be paid and manipulating these numbers can move it between years. So, I wouldn't be surprised if some amount of those roster bonuses aren't technically setup to be paid out next march - april where it would still account against this year's non-existent cap.

Also, roster bonuses don't have to be paid if you cut the player before it's scheduled to be paid, so teams can hedge their bets a bit that way. Of course, getting a top draft pick to agree to taking those over a big signing bonus.....

Yeah, it's only been a 3rd round pick and a couple of 5ths to do this so far. I imagine Berry/McCluster/Arenas all have signing bonuses. Thanks for the info, it's always fun finding out new ways Pioli owns.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

settes posted:

Is there a stat that shows the average points scored based on where the drive starts?

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009/12/expected-point-values.html

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I don't know if these are the ones you're referring to, but here's a shitload of playbooks

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/prodefense/index.php
http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/prooffense/index.php

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

He's also struggled against the Browns and Chiefs when their defenses were nothing special. What I'm saying is that Romeo is magic

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Eric Berry comes up with some gems sometimes

Stuntman1429 posted:

Dear one of my neighbors.(If ur on twitter). I can't remember my Parkin spot so I might b in yours.please don't tow me. Just park in mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Ignore him. Hes been drinking. He doesn't ean any of it.

Every gently caress aggy from Donut is from the bottom of his heart. Mine too gently caress aggy

• Locked thread