Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

"Size matters not. Look at my quarterback. Judge him by his size, do you? Hmm?"
Ok I figure this is as good a place as any to ask:

I've been out of the college football loop for a while because of real life. Can somebody please explain to me what the hell went on last month with all the Big-12 conference bullshit?

I tried google but all I get are old articles from the beginning of June. All I can tell is that Nebraska joined the Big-10; Texas, OU, and a bunch of other teams were offered invitations to join both the Pac-10 and SEC, and Colorado joined the Pac-10.

Other than that I don't know what the gently caress

So is Texas and OU remaining in the Big-12? Has any other team joined another conference that I'm not aware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

Yeah, Dallas and New England not being in the Villans category was not expected.

also please explain how Dallas has the best offense on paper.

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

I honestly and unironically believe that Drew Brees was robbed of two MVP awards.

Well yeah. One of the best parts of the Superbowl post game ceremonies was Sean Payton calling Brees the league's MVP when he handed him the Lombardi :v:

but I mean Manning got it so it's not like they gave it to some overhyped hack

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

In high school one of my coaches would actually encourage us to poke at eyes and punch and kick under piles.

So yeah if I were a guy who carried the ball a lot I'd want something protecting my face.

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

Sash! posted:

I also read that the last thing anyone goes after in the fumble pile is something that is not your testicle, yet no one wears gear down there either.

I was never hit there under a pile, but I did have a few jerkoffs take some swats at my junk during plays. I played offensive and defensive line so there was always body parts and fists flailing everywhere. I know a few times it was on purpose though.

It was okay though cause one of those times I blindsided the fucker a few plays later.

anyway, back to the topic:

I never wore a cup and other than a few surprisingly painless incidents I never had a problem. Then again, I never had an entire defense try to tackle me, so...

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

The Wing-T rules. We ran it in high school and we were unstoppable. Seriously. While we had other formations, we probably ran the Wing-T like 80% of the time and we ran two or three plays out of it most of the time and we were still unstoppable.

I wish it translated better into video games because I'd run that poo poo non stop in NCAA.

Our base formation was the "red" one from that chart that was posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

Okay, I need some help. I got asked how college bowl games work and how the teams in BCS bowl games are determined. I was kinda stumped and couldn't really explain it as much as I'd like and Yahoo! Answers is full of retards.

Obviously #1 and #2 go to the BCS Championship, but how are the Rose, Orange, Fiesta, and Sugar Bowls determined? Yahoo Answers would have me believe that it's Rose = Pac-10 and Big Ten champs, Orange = ACC champs, Fiesta = Big 12 champs, and Sugar = SEC champs. If that were true how did Texas play Michigan in the Rose Bowl in 2004? Was that because USC was playing in the National Championship?

help me college football goons

:confused:

• Locked thread