Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream
What do large Microsoft shops do for printing?

The setup I've inherited has about 150 printers on two file/print servers, with most printers having a different driver on each server. For example, a department's HPLJ4050 might have the 4050 PCL5e driver on server 1, and the HP universal driver on server 2.

My first instinct is a shiny new 3-node (virtualized) print cluster, but print clustering is supported only for failover, not load balancing. Is this really the pinnacle of Windows print-serving technology these days? There's got to be a better way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU