Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

There a button to export entra configs? Would be real useful for establishing baseline config.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Boogalo posted:

I think what you're looking for is called Desired State Configuration

This seems like its specifically for vms not Entra, I'd like to pull a json or something that just has all the buttons I pushed for stuff like conditional access policies, groups, password management blah blah.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Boogalo posted:

I posted while still looking for the correct link but finally founds it again.

https://microsoft365dsc.com/user-guide/get-started/introduction/

Why the first results are always azure vm dsc i dunno. search sucks these days.

This looks exactly what I'm looking for, although I am really annoyed and yet unsurprised there just isn't a button in an azure blade somewhere that does this.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

kiwid posted:

As a solo admin, I've just now been able to move everyone over from Business Standard to Business Premium licensing. I'm going through Azure AD Entra ID trying to clean things up and setup best practices and also enable MFA with cond. access. Is there like a guide or tutorial I can follow to do this?

As in what are best practices or how to setup mfa?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.cmu.edu/iso/compliance/800-171/index.html is currently what the us government will eventually want to see out of everyone, it isn't all encompassing as far as controls go, but I feel if you're able to tick off all of the physical controls in 800-171 you're in good shape.