Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

spog posted:

I'd like to hear people's experience of USMT, specifically Loadstate.

Does it really work well out of the box, grabbing all the data that our beloved users like to hide? Does it get all the required settings/customisations of apps too?

Like Noel, I use it with a customized XML. If you don't it tends to grab way too much (why yes I certainly need that word document for program that is no longer used). I have it just grab the users data, we have been using it since XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

quackquackquack posted:

As much as I enjoy pandering to my mild OCD, is there any reason to uninstall pre 1.6u10 versions of java (when in-place upgrades began)?

I think starting with 1.6u20 or 21 that it uninstalls previous versions. I may be wrong.

quackquackquack posted:

Can I assume that if the newest version is installed, an older version (like 1.6u05) won't be prompting to update?
JRE and logic? :cawg: