Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Does anyone know wtf this hpe server power connector is and what's the chances of me getting this to work at home?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj7MtiJqrae4mvpZoJfJ9NpvdB9jRw

incoherent posted:

Should be setting deadlines in wsus to go with your GPO. Set it for a hour after or the next day at 3am.
Great thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
That sucks. Guess I'll have to buy another one.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
For those of you using sccm software update point.

Do you still need to point your computers via gpo to the sccm server in then specify a update server gpo?

It seems the Microsoft store needs to go out to the internet to install store apps/updates. This use to not be the case but it seems it is the case now. Maybe since I've updated to 20h2.

Ideally I don't want to sync the store with sccm.

Thoughts?

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
What is the point or the difference of the LDAP feature role in windows server vs AD Directory Services?

AD DS is built upon the LDAP protocol so regular LDAP binds work directly to AD.

I tried googling but didn't find much to really tell me the difference.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Correct that is what I'm referring to.

I am just looking at an install guide for some app to do SSO/LDAP integration and it has a pre-requisite saying to install it.. which I don't think is nescessary because you just do a ldap over SSL bind to regular AD?

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Anyone work from home and also watch their kids?

How has that been, what age range were they?

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Yeahh ughh I'll see how it goes.

I'm thinking of starting work at like 6am, break sometime in between and then hopefully wife is home by 3pm to help while I continue to work.

I do anticipate they need some attention and assistant but I don't want them screaming all over the place while I'm on a call or in a meeting -_-

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Nothing is more annoying then being the new guy, being asked to do some tasks and having no access so you need to constantly ask the guy who does.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Is there an MSP post?? I have a feeling my question is more geared towards there but not able to find one.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Anyone work with Azure Virtual Desktop before? I made a custom image and saved it to the compute gallery. Now I want to go back to modify that same image but I cannot turn on my gold image no more? Do I need to deploy from the compute gallery to update the gold image? What is the process to update a gold image?

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007

snackcakes posted:

Build a new vm from the image, make changes, sysprep, capture image.

It's a pain in the rear end. I stopped working with custom images and started deploying everything I can via intune

Yeahhhh I don't really have access to Intune so.. I'm stuck going this route. Thank you for confirming though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007

EoRaptor posted:

You really want to be making a pipeline that pulls a base image from the MS gallery, customizes it with what you want, then syspreps it and puts it in a shared gallery. You then have a separate pipeline that pulls a selected image from the shared gallery and deploys it to # VMs in a host pool.

I have to tell you that AVD is not cost effective vs W365, and it's much better to work towards getting intune up and running and managing W365 instances that way.

I'm just doing some testing. I have gotten through the image creation and deployment..

How are updates handled? Either through Intune policies or Azure Automate generally? I mean I guess you can update the image.. but I don't really want to do that.

Also when you do happen to update the image and you need to re-deploy. Do you delete all the existing session hosts? Then just add new session hosts with the new image? There's no reboot the VM and load the new image version?