Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data
So I tried to search the most recent SH/SC threads for info on Skype4Business and regular Skype interoperability. Not a lot there for the last 18 months.
We're using the latest versions, updated etc.etc.

B2B calls/video work fine. We have Office365 online, and the settings for Skype4B are set apparently correctly for allowing our users to make calls/chats with outside 'external' Skype users. And IM is allowed for outside use, no domains are blocked. Specifically the Office365 Skype user is C-Level, and he's one of the only people that uses a Mac, and his contacts on regular Skype and 4B Skype are most likely on PCs, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Should I toggle the settings, and wait and check the boxes back on or is there some other place to check? All settings appear to be good—what am I missing?
I am hoping somebody has had this same issue and knows what is up. Also I would be happy to do this in powershell if it's possible. TIA. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data

ChubbyThePhat posted:

You didn't explicitly state what wasn't working here. Is nothing working, either calls or messages? Or is it partially working and you're looking for the missing piece?
Sorry B2B is working. Business to non-Business Skype and non-Business to Business doesn't work at all. Sorry. It says the user isn't online. Well it did that a few attempts, now it doesn't report anything, just closes the call / video window after about 1 second, and makes its goofy little noise.

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data

Thanks Ants posted:

My advice for SfB -> Skype interop is to deny that it's even possible, even when presented with all the evidence of Microsoft touting it as a feature.

That may work, but this guy will throw a fit and he says that his colleagues have it working, so _fix_it! But it was my hunch that it would have some bugs or something.

Is this something that MS is trying to quash? Please give your experience(s) about Skype4B and Skype Regular. Thanks, Thanks Ants.

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data

Thanks Ants posted:

I think you want to make sure your SfB DNS records are set properly (the Office 365 control panel will check this for you), and you need to communicate using the email address form of the Skype user ID - not just the short name.

Also

Thanks Ants. So, probably never to be 'fixed' (...?)

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data

I should have visited your link before I said anything. That's where I started this morning, and I already checked that before posting my issue. That was the part about "settings look correct". Didn't catch the "communicate" part regarding MacOS though.

I thought with parity on the Outlook 2016 Mac client that M$ was going to turn over a new leaf and not hose MacOS anymore. smdh.
(double post)

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data

Thanks Ants posted:

SfB is a dead product....
Teams taking over?

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data
Also, I just found out that the Admin panel has two locations for SfB -- and your link mentions the one, but here's the Teams (separate and probably overriding one). I suppose in 24 hours maybe we will have some more connectivity—not holding my breath.

Again thanks for your help, y'all.

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data

skipdogg posted:

Don’t do this. It’s tired and played out.
Sorry I was around and in the industry when it was invented, and I don't think about as 'a joke' it's just my learned emoji for it.

Seems funny that it would ever offend anybody. Hey look at that, Nov. 2004, you're old as well! I was using my brother in law's account for 3 years before I joined. Would be cool to be 2001. I was a stupid newbie. Oh well. Message received SD (not $D) :v:

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data
I have stuck on this issue I'm having with redirected printers remaining in a printer select dialog on a windows 32 bit machine running a 16 bit program (yes, I know... I know. :doh: ). Access is via RDP.
Procexp shows it being NTVDM.exe. I cleared out the printers via GUI, and I pruned anything I could find in the registry. I must be missing something in the registry though, but my Google-Fu hasn't turned up anything else.
Printers in the [print setup...] dialog show up as
code:
PRINTERNAME (redirected 2) on TS0nn
Where TS0nn is some old term services redirect connection. And lastly, no I'm not redirecting my local resources on my RDP. I need to delete about five of the printers in the list. The program can handle 3 or 4 printers, but if a newly added printer is past that slot, it doesn't see or print to it. SMDH.

Ugh. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices -- dumb me.
Thanks in advance. :tipshat:

Djimi fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djimi
Jan 23, 2004

I like digital data

mllaneza posted:

And the idiot is in charge of developing licensing schemes for Microsoft.
Looking through this thread trying to find information about my first foray into KMS Host service, for activations of Datacenter 2022 (or whatever eventually)— and I thought our "key" (license?) should work. But I keep getting this:
code:
The following error has occurred. Please resolve the error and
Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key cannot be used for this type of activation
I was hoping that the issue was that my firewall was blocking something going out and/or back from Redmond.

If it's just what we paid for, our VAR seems to have never dealt with anything like this, and we did buy it originally from a different VAR company (but the same team (we stayed with them)), and maybe that's the issue....

And even though I've been working on Windows since the last century, I've never worked with this feature/role ... so I'm a stupid newbie on this.
I actually don't think I have ever called M$ support for anything to do with a Server feature issue. So it's a first for me.
Pity me or chortle if you like... thanks if you can throw me a bone. :tipshat: