Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Anyone know of any good, programmable management (and deployment) tools that handle Windows and Unixes well for server management aside from the usual suspects like MS SCCM / SMS? I'm trying to find something like Puppet, FAI, and cfengine for Windows and I'm basically being driven to (other, likely terrible) enterprise software suites. Because we're using a big ol' mix of Windows from between Windows 2000 up to Windows 2008 R2 for servers, sysprep doesn't seem to work so well for us and we're dissatisfied with the software we have (it's becoming a business liability to use it). It's so bad that if we can't figure out something soon, I'm going to quit right in the middle of the project (not that I wasn't thinking of it already).

Altiris is used for our desktop systems here unfortunately. Let's share in our misery :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU