Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Onion
Aug 9, 2005
Ban Spider Scares me:(
So I'm currently playing with MDT 2010 and WDS in an attempt to find a better deployment solution for our network. We currently use altirs, but we do not have control over the servers, and the people who run it are on a old version that does not fully support windows 7 yet. We have machines in the ceiling that we need to get imaged, Is it possible to make a fully unattended (ZTI) install with just MDT 2010 and WDS? It seems like the only hurdle is forcing the machines to automatically boot from PXE, without touching them. Everything else unattended seems to be completely doable at this point. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Onion
Aug 9, 2005
Ban Spider Scares me:(

H2SO4 posted:

Absolutely. This is completely different, and the right way to do it with an SCCM environment.

I was more referring to The Onion's specific situation, where it didn't sound like he had such access.

If I were using SCMM this is how I would do it. But it doesn't look like we are even getting a shot at buying that, So I'm currently stuck with MDT and WDS for now. I'm just going to work with this setup and lock down the bios of the machines so I don't run into the random person nuking their machine scenario. Thanks for the advice guys.