Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I have no complaints about the MT82 in my 2018 after swapping out the shifter. It wasn't even horrendous before that, it would just sometimes fight me going 2-3 at full throttle near redline because the shifter was body mounted. Threw in a MGW trans mounted shifter and I haven't had a single issue since.

It can be a little clunky sometimes I guess but who cares its a Mustang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
I hear the automatics have no issues. :angel:

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

What is this part with the blue bar? Is it the throttle body? I don't see the blue bar on GIS pics, I'm trying to determine if this is stock or what. The PO said the Mustang takes premium gas, which isn't what the owners manual says.

Edit: Further googling suggests it's a "Jet Performance Products" billet aluminum spacer, and it's basically just designed to let more air into the intake. Sounds like one of those nonsense mods that makes FAHVE HUNNERT HARSEPOWAH?

Edit2: And that's apparently a "Power Plus series" aftermarket throttle body.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 19, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
A phenolic spacer helps with keeping the intake charge a bit cooler, but iirc they're usually some kind of plastic..

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

What is this part with the blue bar? Is it the throttle body? I don't see the blue bar on GIS pics, I'm trying to determine if this is stock or what. The PO said the Mustang takes premium gas, which isn't what the owners manual says.

Edit: Further googling suggests it's a "Jet Performance Products" billet aluminum spacer, and it's basically just designed to let more air into the intake. Sounds like one of those nonsense mods that makes FAHVE HUNNERT HARSEPOWAH?

Edit2: And that's apparently a "Power Plus series" aftermarket throttle body.

Yeah that's probably good for an extra half a horsepower or something.

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

A phenolic spacer helps with keeping the intake charge a bit cooler, but iirc they're usually some kind of plastic..

Phenolic spacers generally go between the heads and the intake manifold, not in front of the intake manifold. Honestly they're pretty much bullshit anyways, unless you're ripping it around a track long enough to heat soak your intake manifold.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Got ya. I've typically seen them between the upper and lower intakes and between carbs and intakes.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is there any recommended parts brand I should be looking at? I was going to try to stick to motorcraft where possible, but I really have no clue. In the past I would just huy whatever was in the blue colored bracket on Rock Auto.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is there any recommended parts brand I should be looking at? I was going to try to stick to motorcraft where possible, but I really have no clue. In the past I would just huy whatever was in the blue colored bracket on Rock Auto.

Motorcraft is OE parts, Steeda and CJ Pony Parts are both reputable as well, but those two focus entirely on performance stuff for a Mustang. Other people have other recommendations I'm sure, I've only used Steeda and CJ Pony Parts though.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

orange juche posted:

Motorcraft is OE parts, Steeda and CJ Pony Parts are both reputable as well, but those two focus entirely on performance stuff for a Mustang. Other people have other recommendations I'm sure, I've only used Steeda and CJ Pony Parts though.

Thanks, I'm still trying to get my bearings in terms of buying replacement parts.

Relatedly, I watched a video on replacing the wheel hub assembly which suggested I'd also need to buy new hub nuts and seal caps. The video includes the ford part. However, I can't seem to find the caps on Rock Auto, though the part number does get a hit on CJ Pony Parts. Am I just over looking these parts on Rock Auto? I'd like to avoid ordering from lots of different websites if I can'

Update: after a lot of frustration with finding the parts both online and in person, I started using the website Late Model Restoration, which specializes in Mustangs, and easily ordered everything I need.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Found a 99 32k original mile cobra that had a freshly built 4.75L 4v MMR kit (pistons rods crank and bearings) with a Vortech blower installed. 03 cobra interior and t56 installed. It’ll be running the 3.1 pulley for 10-11psi, non power pipe and with Vortech aftercooler linked to a Mercedes amg heat exchanger.

Poor girl sat in a non air conditioned storage unit for 4 years since builder died with the car 95% done. So far it’s been a suspension and brake kit bonanza. Nice to know the 4v IRS components are still stupid expensive compared to regular solid axle stuff. Some things never change… but i can’t wait to drive it. Poor girl needs full body work, but she’s nasty.

https://imgur.com/a/axq31pF

Had to check motor pistons etc and sure enough, MMRs. Cleaned motor up and had supercharger rebuilt. Grabbed full aftercooler and remote battery kit. Sticking with a lot of OEM style stuff but suspension parts were upgraded as needed. Needed almost all new suspension and brake parts - it was ugly. Differential brace added as well.

Have to install this 03 cobra tank as well, but that’s a new one for me so gonna YouTube

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 3, 2023