Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

veni veni veni posted:

Ngl it just kind of looks like you flipped the wings out and stuck doodads all over it

I like it personally, and it follows the Imperial doctrine of "what if a TIE Fighter, but more?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Think

veni veni veni posted:

Ngl it just kind of looks like you flipped the wings out and stuck doodads all over it
Is Imperial Doctrine

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Think

Is Imperial Doctrine

The Raptor feels particularly funny because it just kind of gets rid of the solar panels, which sort of seem like the important part of the TIEs?

"gently caress it, it's a tank now" for the crawler is funny. Heavy Bomber and Interdictor are both solid "gently caress it, more ordinance."

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I like the Star Cruiser, the TIE equivalent of a 1980s Dodge Caravan.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If I was gonna road trip all the national parks in the galaxy that's definitely what I'd choose.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gonna get me the Star Cruiser and paint a sweet space wizard on the side.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

mutata posted:

Gonna get me the Star Cruiser and paint a sweet space wizard on the side.

That’s how Vader gets ya

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

Not doodads, greeblies.

Taking pieces from other models and adding them for details is an old practice.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oxyclean posted:

The Raptor feels particularly funny because it just kind of gets rid of the solar panels, which sort of seem like the important part of the TIEs?

"gently caress it, it's a tank now" for the crawler is funny. Heavy Bomber and Interdictor are both solid "gently caress it, more ordinance."

The tie punisher (interdictor in this graphic) is one of my favorite ties and x wing minis did it dirty

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

HootTheOwl posted:

The tie punisher (interdictor in this graphic) is one of my favorite ties and x wing minis did it dirty

How so?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

It sucked!

I haven't played in like seven years tho.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

a sexual elk posted:

Is Imperial Doctrine

Why flip/bend the wings? Are the supposed to do that in-universe? Never seen them like that before.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Why not? Haha
Based off this I saw browsing variants

But that took like 20 minutes to do and still looked kinda boring. So decided to make it more unique/dumber looking. In my head it was a capital killer like the B-Wing, so went with a narrow/slender cross section like the Blade Wing. Those cannons in the wing sections are sposed to be Ion cannons…maybe I should add some trans blue to them to show that more

Or some little cross wings like the b-wing coming off the center section

Look up my posts I make a lot dumb stuff haha, something sits on my shelf long enough I’m gonna do something weird with it

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 19, 2024

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

HootTheOwl posted:

It sucked!

I haven't played in like seven years tho.

Oh I thought you meant the miniature, which is rad as hell.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

a sexual elk posted:

Think

Is Imperial Doctrine

Love the random “Boat” thrown in there.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Looking at the crawler, I love that some imperial engineer looked at the TIE fighter, and went "this is a good starting point for making a land vehicle"

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Slashrat posted:

Looking at the crawler, I love that some imperial engineer looked at the TIE fighter, and went "this is a good starting point for making a land vehicle"

Should've just replaced the panels with wheels and be done. Bing bong, so simple.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tarquinn posted:

Should've just replaced the panels with wheels and be done. Bing bong, so simple.

But then it wouldn't be a tank. Treads it is.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Xenomrph posted:

Oh I thought you meant the miniature, which is rad as hell.

Oh yeah the mini whips. (And single handedly made the case for medium bases!)
But they suuuuucked to play with. I think I made one squad for one game and never flew them again. They weren't even good against those giant party-buses

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
New Icons leak:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Skios posted:

New Icons leak:

few pages late lol

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
It's a great and probably super imposing in person looking model, but the build itself feels like it would be a repetitive drag.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Lego Piranha Plant comes in the mail today, looking forward to finally having an office plant on my desk at work.

Also coming in the mail today: like 4 Lego Mario sets.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
This weekend, we have a local Lego exhibition, so that should be great fun. I'll take photos/ carry out a field trip report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

PowerBeard posted:

This weekend, we have a local Lego exhibition, so that should be great fun. I'll take photos/ carry out a field trip report.

I know they have these things everywhere but you wouldn't happen to be in upstate NY, would you?