Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I know a lot of you like car builds, so check out this cool collection of garage MOCs.
https://bricknerd.com/home/in-the-garage-building-spaces-where-we-belong-4-15-24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Whomever suggested not adding a light kit to the Home Alone set: I had attempted to do so after mom bought one for the Sesame Street set (which younger lil man destroyed in earnest)…

Just seeing the actual ‘not lights’ setup at the end of the Home Alone set, I wouldn’t turn that into LEDs with a gun to my head lol

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just learned about the new Lego Mario sets coming later this year (and that they’re doing Mario Kart).

The train looks so cool. I’m such a sucker for this stupid sub-theme. It’s gotten me “playing” with legos (as opposed to just building sets) more than any theme in my entire life. It’s all just so clever and charming how they recreate recognizable Mario video game characters and gameplay mechanics using Lego bricks.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Just learned about the new Lego Mario sets coming later this year (and that they’re doing Mario Kart).

The train looks so cool. I’m such a sucker for this stupid sub-theme. It’s gotten me “playing” with legos (as opposed to just building sets) more than any theme in my entire life. It’s all just so clever and charming how they recreate recognizable Mario video game characters and gameplay mechanics using Lego bricks.

Stretch goal: afford them

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I just truly finished the Home Alone set, treehouse and fake basement and all. Anyone got a suggestion of how to install some boss LEGO shelves that could accomodate something like that set? “oh, it’s just a flat house”, “oh, it has a back staircase and fake basement”, “oh, it has a treehouse with a zipline” sort of shelving? I love the IDEA (yuk yuk) but goddamnit who gave these IDEAs people infinite XxY pixels haha

Edit: To be constructive (yuk yuk yuk) it feels like a 6x6’ wall of 3 or 4 1.5’ shelves would do it, I just want it to look nice so my wife doesn’t hate me

Edit x2: I also have the Sesame Street, lunar lander, ISS, and one shelves’ worth of architectural sets if that helps. The Atari 2600 as well; for scale I assume it would take half of one of these shelves, between the console/game holder/statues. Damnit, I am a hoarder.

hellotoothpaste fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 16, 2024

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think the sculpting on the interceptor looks better than the regular tie fighter personally.

That’s a tough one cause I think it looks good and that is my favorite tie fighter but imo the current one looks just as good for a fraction of the price and a fraction of the space. 2/3rds of my UCS are just sitting in the closet cause I don’t have room for them.

If anyone wants to buy me one I’ll trade you for the 2017 UCS tie. :v:

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

hellotoothpaste posted:

I just truly finished the Home Alone set, treehouse and fake basement and all. Anyone got a suggestion of how to install some boss LEGO shelves that could accomodate something like that set? “oh, it’s just a flat house”, “oh, it has a back staircase and fake basement”, “oh, it has a treehouse with a zipline” sort of shelving? I love the IDEA (yuk yuk) but goddamnit who gave these IDEAs people infinite XxY pixels haha

When our kids aren't playing with it, we put it on one of our shelves in the room with the LEGO. But we take the kitchen/basement module off the house and put it on the side because it's too deep otherwise. The shelves we have are 4' wide and 10" deep, we have 9 in the room (3 on each wall), and they display various memorabilia and LEGO sets we don't want the kids touching.

The Home Alone house was a family build and probably our second favorite so far (the Super Mario 64 Question Mark Block being our favorite).

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 17, 2024

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Wish they'd dump star wars and start making me some god damned farscape sets. :mad:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I‘ll be there for the interceptor. Will use up all my remaining points for it, and after that I am free from buying Lego. :dance:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I know, I know, it’s Reddit. But apparently someone found this at the Taipei airport. I didn’t even know this was a set.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/s/4lD3vKFnNu

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It has been rumored to exist elsewhere:

https://falconbricks.com/news/lego-10341-artemis-one-rocket/

I am here for it goddamn.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Hell yeah that's a day one purchase for me.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
At $260? Yeah, day one purchase.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really dont understand how you could buy a set that big and bring it on an airplane

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

VaultAggie posted:

I know, I know, it’s Reddit. But apparently someone found this at the Taipei airport. I didn’t even know this was a set.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/s/4lD3vKFnNu

gosh that makes the Titanic box look small

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

With only 3600 pieces the box can’t be that large. Probably taller than it’s wide.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

BigglesSWE posted:

With only 3600 pieces the box can’t be that large. Probably taller than it’s wide.

Looks like a lot more of those are chunky pieces than the average.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Looking forward to finally having a launch pad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looking forward to people complaining how tedious building the launchpad was.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I just finished the Colosseum after over a year of prolonged building I think I can handle it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kinda don't want it to be real since I'm already unable to control myself over the new Interceptor

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

deoju posted:

I know a lot of you like car builds, so check out this cool collection of garage MOCs.
https://bricknerd.com/home/in-the-garage-building-spaces-where-we-belong-4-15-24

These are awesome. That chopsaw!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Not a car builder myself but those are snazzy for sure.

Still don’t fully understand why Lego isn’t tapping into the deep nerdy well that is train/plane enthusiasts more.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

deoju posted:

Where's Carbohydrates lately? His garage was pretty awesome.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He's taking a LEGO break.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
cars are lame

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Who are you, and what have you done with the real Carbohydrates?

Edit: I like garage and workshop builds because I don't have the space/money/skill to have them IRL.

deoju fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 17, 2024

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ebikes is where the action is now.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Carbohydrates posted:

cars are lame

you're lame

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm sorry, that was rude. I didn't mean it, I hope we can still be friends

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Literally A Person posted:

Wish they'd dump star wars and start making me some god damned farscape sets. :mad:

Babylon 5 please.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Good-Natured Filth posted:

When our kids aren't playing with it, we put it on one of our shelves in the room with the LEGO. But we take the kitchen/basement module off the house and put it on the side because it's too deep otherwise. The shelves we have are 4' wide and 10" deep, we have 9 in the room (3 on each wall), and they display various memorabilia and LEGO sets we don't want the kids touching.

The Home Alone house was a family build and probably our second favorite so far (the Super Mario 64 Question Mark Block being our favorite).

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, thanks!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm not super hyped about that SLS set. Maybe there's some cool features in it, but it seems like a lot of pieces, a lot of space taken up for something that isn't all that cool to look at. Also mostly because I wanted an apollo command module.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Habibi posted:

Babylon 5 please.

make a Blake's 7 Liberator, I will buy it (and like, maybe 10 other people)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I need more Starfuries!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cojawfee posted:

I'm not super hyped about that SLS set. Maybe there's some cool features in it, but it seems like a lot of pieces, a lot of space taken up for something that isn't all that cool to look at. Also mostly because I wanted an apollo command module.

Yeah same. It's also too new to really be iconic in the way that the other NASA sets are.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Goofball TIE Lancer is done

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 18, 2024

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I’m from Texas so didn’t learn this in school but what happens when the lancer penetrates another ship

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

It goes to a family members ranch for a few months and comes back with a new baby sibling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ngl it just kind of looks like you flipped the wings out and stuck doodads all over it